Event Close Mode and Long Events

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
jsylvia007

Event Close Mode and Long Events

Post by jsylvia007 »

Howdy all!

In my continuing efforts to get ZM configured perfectly, I've been battling "long events", events significantly longer than any actual movement in the cameras. For some reason, sometimes my cameras will decide to get stuck in an Alarm loop, and I get events of 10-20 minutes... I found a way around that. I basically setup a filter that looks for events > 4000 frames and just deletes them. I realize that this could be deleting information, but, I don't really have a choice...

Today something new is happening...

Today, it's snowing here in the Northeast. One of my external cameras had been recording for HOURS (close to 6). This was a legit event, as the snow was coming down with enough force to trip a constant alarm... Now... This resulted in a bunch of events getting purged because it started to fill up my drive...

I figured I would mess around with the EVENT_CLOSE_MODE, and set it to time, hoping that it was implemented in the following way:
When it's set to "time", an event will either close when the ALARM/ALERT is over, OR after a maximum of "Session Length" (which is set on each monitor) - OR - Is it supposed to be a complete override, meaning, once an alarm is triggered, it won't close until "Session Length" expires?

Can someone tell me which is a correct understanding?

Here's what I did. I configured EVENT_CLOSE_MODE to "time", and set a time limit of 300 on the monitors... I then restarted the whole server, logged back in and verified that everything was how I configured it, and started watching. There was NO change in behavior... Events closed when the alarm/alert went away, and, my snow camera recorded until 800 seconds, when I disabled the alarms on it.

What am I doing wrong??

Side question - Is there a way to get an alert WHILE zoneminder is recording an alert? Perhaps a recording watchdog?

BTW my setup is 6 x 1080p@15FPS (throttled at the sender end)...
juanmoura

Re: Event Close Mode and Long Events

Post by juanmoura »

i've the same problem. In my case, i've most of 5 hours with only 1 event. I'm trying to make after 30 minutes stops the recording and restart the verification for new alarms.