64 bit build

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
caseystone

Post by caseystone »

That's what I need to know about...

What is "make clean?" Is that a command? What syntax should I use exactly?

Finally what about the archived events and the database question I had?

I know I asked too many questions in one post! Thanks for being patient with me. :D
karlg

Post by karlg »

caseystone wrote:That's what I need to know about...

What is "make clean?" Is that a command? What syntax should I use exactly?

Finally what about the archived events and the database question I had?

I know I asked too many questions in one post! Thanks for being patient with me. :D
the make clean will clean up all compiled files.

when you do the make install, it won't blow away anything... you will however need to rerun the zmconfig.pl script. (you could run it with -noi to avoid having to answer all the questions)

you should be fine with archived events... i have many archived and haven't lost any to my knowledge.

cd to your zm source directory
the syntax is: make clean

:)

Karl
caseystone

Post by caseystone »

zoneminder wrote:I'm interested in adding this patch to the main development tree. Can you confirm that it stills allows correct configuration on 32 bit systems? If so I'll include it in the next release.

Phil
Did you incorporate this Phil? I haven't touched my system since all of these questions came up, but I think I may do it now that 1.21.3 is out.

Will his script for 1.21.0 still work on 1.21.3 if not?

Thanks.

-Casey
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

It's not included thus far. I don't have a 64 bit system to test against so I couldn't be sure that it would work on 64 and 32 bit systems. If someone who has access to both can establish this then I will include it.

Phil
guidouil

Post by guidouil »

The script works with ZM 1.21.3 as long as you correct the path to the configure file :wink:

and also you have to be sure to ad all the good stuff to your configure command :

Code: Select all

./configure --with-libarch=lib64 --with-mysql=/usr --with-webdir=/var/www/html --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-lame=/usr/lib64
and well the lame is optionnal as every one nows here 8)

good luck with the beautifull ZM that rock the nuggets
johnc10

Post by johnc10 »

See below, my original make errors were of my own making!
Last edited by johnc10 on Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnc10

libmysqlclient.a not found on x86_64

Post by johnc10 »

Version 1.21.3 on Fedora 4 x86_64 kernel, configure kept failing at mysql_init line complaining about no libmysqlclient.a, even with --with-libarch=lib64
I got ./configure working by editing configure and changing /lib/mysql to /lib64/mysql as below:-

MYSQL_LIBS="-L${MYSQL_PREFIX}/lib64/mysql"

and then running

./configure --with-mysql=/usr --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin

or
./configure --with-mysql=/usr --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-lame=/usr/lib64
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I _think_ what I'm getting from this is that both the 64 and 32 builds work ok provided you set the correct paths. Is that correct? If so then I will look to add this in the next release.

Phil
johnc10

Post by johnc10 »

Yes, by manually editing configure and setting the correct path it works. I thought the --with-libarch=lib64 argument should have done this but the lib part of MYSQL_LIBS="-L${MYSQL_PREFIX}/lib/mysql" is not a variable.
SyRenity

Post by SyRenity »

Hi.

I'm trying to build the ZM on a FC4 64 bit system. But the configure stops in the middle, with the following error:

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

Any ideas?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

btw is there major performance gains from this??

James
SyRenity

Post by SyRenity »

Hi.

I'm trying to build the ZM on a FC4 64 bit system. But the configure stops in the middle, with the following error:

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
gcc-c++ was not installed - I guess it was a really late hour :).

Code: Select all

btw is there major performance gains from this??
I believe it gives a good boost to all mpeg and jpeg related operations, as all the floating point operations (like mpeg encoding and jpeg resizing and converting) are done much faster on the 64 bit.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i migt have a look intot his then.

Thanks
caseystone

Post by caseystone »

Karlg:

I was finally trying to reinstall, using your patch, the new ZM 1.21.4. Regarding the libpcre.so.0, I have libpcre.so already in my /usr/lib64 folder. Not finding libpcre.so.0 though, I had yum install the package as you recommended. Even after doing that, however, I still have only libpcre.so and not the .0 one. I have no idea what those libraries are or how the .so would be different from the so.0, but since you wanted me to symlink the so.0 to the so one which I have already, I figured I'd better ask.

Also... Phil, is there any reason this patch won't work on the latest ZM?

For instance.. the patch mentions 1.21.0 internally. Do mentions of 1.21.0 need to be changed to 1.21.4 in the patch?

Thanks.

-Casey
cordel

Post by cordel »

That patch should still have the same functionality as it did before. Nothing has been done to check and/or include the lib64 folder in the new version.
Regards,
Cordel