Fedora Core 4 x86_64 - ZM 1.21.3

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
guidouil

Fedora Core 4 x86_64 - ZM 1.21.3

Post by guidouil »

Hello all,
first things first : thank you for your time reading this :)

Ok as the title says I am working with the latest Fedora, with the latest ZM and the latest CPU Arch (unfortunetly, I won't keep this server since I will send it to my client ASAP)
Well I did manage to get all the dependencies before trying to make all the stuff... or I think so at least since I din't get any error messages...
But I still have one problem (of course I do, otherwise I won't write here :wink:) :

On the server side, with the ssh prompt I can see that the ZM daemon is up an running, but I don't get the same output on the web page of ZM admin where I can read Arrêté (french for Stoped).
Can someone throw me a bone out there ?

thanks in advance for your help
cordel

Post by cordel »

First thing that comes to mind is make sure SELinux is disabled. There was another possiblity but I don't remember what it was at the moment but I do know that I had posted it here on the forum. Try checking the logs (/var/log/messages, zmdc.log, /var/log/httpd/error_log, etc...) and see if anything is there to give a clue.
Regards,
Cordel
guidouil

Post by guidouil »

You are the Man Cordel,
I hade read allmost all your post and since yesterday I was checking many rights problem, eaven on the pid stuff and on the sock, everything was looking good... it was so crazy to see everything ok on ssh but nothing on the ZM web page...
But you told me the right target to shoot at : SELinux !

cliky cliky, removed, clicky clicky, reboot
and BANG everything is up and running on both side :D

I'm so happy, cause my last chance was to get back to FC3, but now I just have to pack and send this server.

Thanx again.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Glad you got it going ;)
The big clue for SELinux problems are that you will see error messages in the messages log that begin with AVC:
This are SELinux messages.
Cheers,
Cordel