Authentication enabled - images will not load (updated)

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
moontaurus

Authentication enabled - images will not load (updated)

Post by moontaurus »

[UPDATED]

When authentication is enabled, then images do not load (eg., that broken image icon) from anywhere (browser on localhost or remote computer); also in this mode. (To be sure, yes, I do have full 'view' / 'edit' priv's enabled in options for the specified user.)

CLUE: I am NOT using authentication mode currently (obviously). But still, in open mode, the "Web" tab window of the options console does not finish loading in a remote browser. Mouse cursor is sitting there with an hourglass, and the last thing written on the page is "ZM_WEB_MONTAGE"... nothing to the right or below that. All other tab windows load. (Where are error logs stored?)

2. When I restart the machine, ZM IS running in the SUSE runlevel editor, BUT, in the console ZM is 'stopped'. Is there a configuration setting so that ZM runs again automatically after power failure / reboot?

Still needing help.... Thank you hugely!!

FYI: I now have two wireless cameras attached and working in mocord mode, via a 4-input BTTV card, on a 300MHz Gateway running SUSE 9.1. This part is very cool -- I'm using zoneminder! Back story: I had TWO bikes stolen from my car port in the same month (July) -- second time, somebody cut an expensive hefty motorcycle lock. I'm suspecting it is somebody in the neighborhood. Bait bike time. Thanks to ebay, for under 50 bucks, I've got two wireless pinhole cameras and a 4-input BTTV card. Right now one camera is watching the litter box (spying on my cat), but soon will be inside the car port watching my bait bike.

----- Original Message -----
So, it seems the reason I was getting "Forbidden" was because symlinks are forbidden (a friend found this in my apache error logs). So I made a hard link between index.php and zm.php, but I would rather have the correct way work, no telling what could happen if I fudge way of zm. So

1. Anybody know how to make symlinks allowable (and know why they are not)?

2. If I put zoneminder into authentication mode, images do not load (on a browser from anywhere, local or remote). I must turn off authentication to see / stream images.

3. Not directly related to zm, but I know this one will be easy for a linux gurus. I must type "modeprobe bttv" every time I restart the machine in order to activate my input card. How do I make that state stick? Thank you!!

Sincerely, Linux Novice (Suse 9.1)

Bruss

----- Original Message ----- (still some relevent questions.... anybody?)
[see my reply :)]
Last edited by moontaurus on Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
moontaurus

----- Original Message ----- How does configure look?

Post by moontaurus »

Still some relevent questions, though part one partially answered.... anybody? Oh and, how does the configure statement look for SUSE 9.1? (Though I doubt it, I do hope my experience has something useful for somebodyout there. Lonely windy howl....)

----- Original Message -----
____
So, I go to my new ZM webpagem,
get an simple interface that looks like this:
Sat 20th Aug, 3:54am ZoneMinder Console - Running - v1.21.3 Load: 0.45 / Disk: 1%

0 Monitors Configured for low bandwidth Options

Id Name Function Source Events Hour Day Week Month Archive Zones Mark
REFRESH ADD NEW MONITOR 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 DELETE

I don't get a chance to log in or anything. If I click on anything I get:

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.49 (Linux/SuSE) Server Port 80

Help!! SUSE 9.1 -- I looked in the ZM directory and everything is owned by wwwrun www, and permissions seem ample. What's going on?

This is the configure command I used that seemed to work (does it look right?)

./configure --with-mysql=/usr --with-webdir=/disk2/www/zm --with-cgidir=/srv/www/cgi-bin --with-ffmpeg=/usr/include/ffmpeg --with-lame=/usr/include/lame --with-webuser=wwwrun --with-webgroup=www

And "grant select,insert,update,delete on zm.* to 'ralph'@localhost identified by 'rover';"

... correct? And placement of the ' mark and everything else? (not the real user/pass of course)

More history:
Now. Typing 'zmpkg.pl start' as per the readme, returns command not found, even if I run from /usr/local/bin where zm is (question, why is default here and not /usr bin where programs seem to live?)

I installed zm script in /etc/init.d - but I had to remove the line that said
# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

Because the script just stopped there. (It still stopped if I changed it to "./etc/init.d/functions" - there is no "functions" directory anywhere.

Now when I stop and start the zm script in the runlevel editor, the output I get says:
Starting ZoneMinder: /etc/init.d/zm: line 26: echo_success: command
I assume that's good.

help!!!

THANK! YOU!!!!
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

im readig you mate but unable to help sorry.
Not sure what a modeprobe is but i have to set option bttv card=77 in my modprobe.conf.

If thats what you mean it happens automagically on reboot
cordel

Post by cordel »

Hi Bruce,
Let's go through these one at a time.
SymLinks in apache is set in httpd.conf

Code: Select all

<Directory "/var/www/html/zm">
    Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
Check apaches documentaion for the usage on this. Once you get the symlinks working that should solve your permision problem. If not we will work on it once you get passed allowing symlinks.

The Defualt start script is designed to work with RedHat. You may need to adjust it to work in Suse. I know I've seen post's here on the forum as to what needs to be done. (Also anyone that has a working script can PM me and I'll give you an email address to send the script to. I have source set up to detect the distro on build and am almost ready to start building suse packages.) . /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions is a script file and not a directory and may be placed somewhere else and/or have a differant name. I'm not very familure with Suse yet.
Regards,
Cordel
moontaurus

modprobe

Post by moontaurus »

jameswilson wrote: Not sure what a modeprobe is but i have to set option bttv card=77 in my modprobe.conf. If thats what you mean it happens automagically on reboot

Well that sounds promising. I'll give that a try -- may solve question 3. (Is "77" a permission or a state or something?") Cheers, and thank you!!
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

its a card type
my cards are either 77 or 82

because they dont get autodetected properly i have to force the bttv driver to use card 77
moontaurus

Symlink fixed.... one out of three

Post by moontaurus »

cordel wrote:Let's go through these one at a time.
SymLinks in apache is set in httpd.conf
Yes, yes, thank you, cordel, that fixed the symlink problem!

The other problem persists: When in authentication mode a) images nor cambozola work / load (cambozola has a bunch of jumbled text in the middle of a white box); b) pages don't completely load from any remote browers. For instance, the "options" page does not load to the "save" etc buttons -- just hangs.
cordel wrote:The Defualt start script is designed to work with RedHat....
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions is a script file and not a directory and may be placed somewhere else and/or have a differant name. I'm not very familure with Suse yet.
Well, when I completely removed the "functions" line from the script, I was able to get zm to run via the Suse runlevel editor (thank you, readme, for how to submit to the runlevel). What have a lost by taking out that line?

Here are some possible candidates in Suse for the functions script -- any look right?

linux:/ # find -iname functions
./etc/sysconfig/isdn/scripts/functions
./etc/sysconfig/hardware/scripts/functions
./etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/functions
./usr/share/zsh/help/functions
./usr/share/zsh/4.2.0/functions

Thanks Cordel!!!!

(I'm getting *some* functionality now, so at least I'm appreciating and enjoying what zm can do -- it's very cool)
cordel

Post by cordel »

Okay the next thing to check is make sure that everything is actualy running. Try using something like top and make sure that zmc and such are running. zma only runs when you have mocord or modect set.

Code: Select all

5643 apache    15   0  140m  44m  41m S  1.3 10.1  42:44.15 zmc
 5649 apache    15   0  103m 7320 4716 S  0.3  1.6 133:47.03 zma
 5670 apache    16   0  6976 5096 2092 S  0.3  1.1   5:23.85 zmwatch.pl
 5622 apache    16   0  7416 5656 2180 S  0.0  1.3   0:19.12 zmdc.pl
 5661 apache    17   0 10876 9004 2168 S  0.0  2.0   1:16.85 zmfilter.pl
 5666 apache    15   0  9592 7672 2136 S  0.0  1.7  14:54.65 zmaudit.pl
You may have to start the services on the command line. Check the log files for any related err messages (messages, zmdc.log).
moontaurus

Okay, here are the ZM processes running --

Post by moontaurus »

Re: your query about what is running..... 'top -u wwwrun' | grep "zm" (is that how I should use top to find this out?) shows me these zm tasks running:

8013 wwwrun 16 0 6772 4868 1912 S 0.0 1.9 0:01.10 zmwatch.pl
9319 wwwrun 16 0 113m 20m 20m S 0.0 8.3 0:00.62 zmc
7979 wwwrun 16 0 7216 5368 1992 S 0.0 2.1 0:00.56 zmdc.pl
8007 wwwrun 15 0 6912 5176 1964 S 0.0 2.0 0:01.01 zmaudit.pl
8013 wwwrun 16 0 6772 4868 1912 S 0.0 1.9 0:01.10 zmwatch.pl
9516 wwwrun 15 0 99404 4724 4208 S 1.3 1.8 0:09.94 zms

No zmfilter here. Anything missing?

_____

I panicked, posted the following. But then a cold boot and more restarting (in runlevel editor) of zm seemed to bring back the image from the horrible darkness. However, values of "-1" in three of the settings fields and "32768" in a fourth now, always moving around each time I open monitor settings (as in, 32768 sometimes is in brightness field, other times is in color, etc), seems to be the way it is now. Obviously something strange is happening.

------ Original Message -----
Bug?? Attempt to change brightness / contrast value turned image black forevermore. Oh no.

Any way to completely reset settings? Tried changing values. Then I tried deleting and creating a new monitor; tried restarting zm, restarting the machine. Nothing. Black. Here's the story...

I tried to adjust brightness/contrast settings to 0 0 from -1 -1 (for the first two fields), and the camera image immediately went black!! (still with timestamp) and I cannot reset the numbers. When I put new numbers in, the numbers magically change all by themselve to different values (as in "-1" may turn into "1".... sometimes) and image remains black, no matter what I do! What happened? Help!

I recall that the orginal "factory" numbers were something like -1 (brightness) -1 (contrast) 37020 (?? something wacky like that for hue, I can't recall the exact number I saw in there) and -1 (color). Won't keep such values if I try to enter them.

____
moontaurus

When Authentication enabled, images do not load.

Post by moontaurus »

Hi there, so as per your inquiry, zmfilter is not appearing in the 'top' output for user 'wwwrun', but all the other zm pieces you mentioned are there. Is that stage of troubleshooting answered to satisfaction?

1. Again, the problem I'm having is that when authentication is enabled, then images do not load (eg., broken image icon) from anywhere (localhost or remote computer). (To be sure, yes, I do have full 'view' / 'edit' priv's enabled in options for the specified user.)

CLUE: I am NOT using authentication mode currently (obviously). But still, in open mode, the "Web" tab window of the options console does not finish loading in a remote browser. Mouse cursor is sitting there with an hourglass, and the last thing written on the page is "ZM_WEB_MONTAGE"... nothing to the right or below that. All other tab windows load. (Where are error logs stored?)

2. When I restart the machine, ZM IS running in the SUSE runlevel editor, BUT, in the console ZM is 'stopped'. Is there a configuration setting so that ZM runs again automatically after power failure / reboot?

Still needing help.... Thank you hugely!!

FYI: I now have two wireless cameras attached and working in mocord mode, via a 4-input BTTV card, on a 300MHz Gateway running SUSE 9.1. This part is very cool -- I'm using zoneminder! Back story: I had TWO bikes stolen from my car port in the same month (July) -- second time, somebody cut an expensive hefty motorcycle lock. I'm suspecting it is somebody in the neighborhood. Bait bike time. Thanks to ebay, for under 50 bucks, I've got two wireless pinhole cameras and a 4-input BTTV card. Right now one camera is watching the litter box (spying on my cat), but soon will be inside the car port watching my bait bike.
gregmac

Post by gregmac »