1080p over 4K for now

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
retirementhome

1080p over 4K for now

Post by retirementhome »

Greetings All.

I am new to ZM, and decided to do some informal tests, specifically, I want to know the best cameras and camera settings to use for my setup.

I have so far tested seven different cameras and am happy with two of them.

What I have found thus far is I get the best quality and speed when I use a 4K camera at 1080p. This gets me smooth video with 1080p clarity. Often, 4K cameras are at a lower FPS, which is almost useless when an object quickly passes through the video, as it tends to be more of a blur (yeah, not even a 4K blur, just a regular ole analog blur).

So, when I fire up the ONVIF I select my device/monitor, then I select the highest quality option in the next window. I save the monitor, and check it out. If it is fine with the 4K, great, but so far the 4K cameras I have tried are good at staring at things that rarely change or change slowly. So, I then edit that monitor and in the Source tab I adjust the Capture Resolution (far right drop-down) to the 1080p option. I save the changes, and view video.

These results are specific to my systems, but if you are experiencing anything similar with 4K video and playback, this may be a worthwhile option.
Julie_Netvue

Re: 1080p over 4K for now

Post by Julie_Netvue »