Sound issue

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
extercy

Sound issue

Post by extercy »

Hi,

I am having no sound even though the test stream with vlc have sound with the stream and codecs detected as attached picture. I have enable the check box in Source > Storage for each camera.
I have 2 cameras from Besder and Anibiux, which represented as zmc_m5 and zmc_m6 . They are the standard China PTZ 1080p 2MP cameras with slightly different firmwares. I am running wired LAN for both of them.

ZM version 1.34.22 in Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon with Intel i5 4th Gen, 16GB RAM and 4TB internal HDD.

Please advice on how to proceed.
Attachments
Main and sub stream VLC codec info
Main and sub stream VLC codec info
Main and Sub.png (63.11 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
zm audio error
zm audio error
zm audio error.png (206.11 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
bbunge

Re: Sound issue

Post by bbunge »

Make sure you disable store JPEG's and enable Video Writer. If you use the same Source Path as you used with VLC it should work.
extercy

Post by extercy »

Mine settings are as picture. All are default except for pass-through. I turn off the save audio for now to stop the errors.

I am using morec. As I know these settings are needed.
Attachments
zm storage.png
zm storage.png (20.89 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I can't tell in that pic if the save audio checkbox is checked but you said it was so let's just believe that.

You shouldn't be getting that error. Not sure what you can do about it other than give us access to your cameras to test/develop against.

Audio can be strange and it took a lot of work to get to this point where it works for every camera I have access to.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Oh also, debug level 3 logs would be of use.
extercy

Post by extercy »

In the picture, I have UnChecked it because the log errors.

Not sure what is debug level 3 but I normally turn all 4 logs at the top of the Logging page to Debug.

The camera is like the below. What I noticed from both my PTZ cameras from 2 different brands that their internal are generic and mostly a rebrand and some tweaking of the firmware .. one have PTZ Preset but the other does not.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000263 ... hweb201603_
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

You need to check the DEBUG_LOG checkbox further down.
extercy

Post by extercy »

Level 3 debug on and the logs are the same .. I just blank out my camera's names.

I just hope there will be a solution in the future as this kind of cameras will be common in Asia since we get it cheaper than Aliexpress.

Zoneminder is already amazing for what it can do so far, even though there are lot for reading needed as it is a bit manual.

Thanks guys for the great work ! Loving the 10x 25x and 50x speed.
Attachments
zm debug level 3.png
zm debug level 3.png (113.58 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
extercy

Post by extercy »

Strange .. I upgraded to Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon and I am recording sound now :D without the above errors logged.

But its a shame I lost API after the upgrade and I have lost Net ONVIF a few updates ago.