nginx to confuse with Apache

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
JRM0316

nginx to confuse with Apache

Post by JRM0316 »

Hi...
How do I install nginx, on Raspberry pi 4, with ZOneMinder 1.36; installed? As I understand it, I can't install it, as it already has Apache installed, and they "get confused".
ergamus

Re: nginx to confuse with Apache

Post by ergamus »

JRM0316 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:45 pm Hi...
How do I install nginx, on Raspberry pi 4, with ZOneMinder 1.36; installed? As I understand it, I can't install it, as it already has Apache installed, and they "get confused".
What distribution are you running on your RPi4? We'd have to figure out if ZM provides Nginx configuration files for your distro, I know this is offered for Fedora in a specific package. For most distros the main setup involves installing a LAMP stack, where you'd probably skip installing Apache and install NGINX instead.

Does the Zoneminder post-install readme mention NGINX at all? This is what's mentioned on my system:

Code: Select all

6. Continue on to the next README that corresponds to your chosen webserver:
     README.httpd - Follow these steps when using Apache
     README.nginx - Follow these steps when using Nginx

If you're already running, I'd make a backup of the ZM database before touching anything. Better yet, a full backup of your attached storage (SD card, USB, SSD, etc.).
JRM0316

Post by JRM0316 »

No, I wanted to install nginx, so I could access Zoneminder outside my network.
The linux I use is Ubuntu 21.04. nginx is already installed, but it doesn't work, I'll put a photo to show you where I left off.
ng.png
ng.png (102.13 KiB) Viewed 8620 times
What should I do?
swolsen

Post by swolsen »

It looks like you have a problem with the /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/example file.