Problem with live view - 1.36.12

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
morini

Problem with live view - 1.36.12

Post by morini »

Hi, new user, be gentle ;)

A bit of background (not strictly related to my current problem).

I have been happily using an old version of zoneminder for a few years but recently was reading about the ML object detection / zmeventnotification stuff. It sounded really interesting so I thought it worth taking a closer look. Rather than upgrading my old version of zm I decided to start fresh and created a new virtual machine (Fedora 35 server), installed a more up to date version of zoneminder (1.36.12) and configured my 5 IP cameras. I then followed the instructions here https://zmeventnotification.readthedocs ... stall.html for installing the event server / hooks and after a few hours tinkering got everything working nicely. Very impressed with the ES / ML stuff, kudos to the developer! I have since offloaded the object detection to a different VM using mlapi because the zoneminder VM was creaking a bit. Everything working well at this point.

Fast forward a few days and I have a small problem. Whenever I click on a monitor live view (any monitor) no video shows.

For example:

https://<my zm>/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=9

It was definitely working originally, but I am not 100% sure when this issue started. To be honest I can live without the live view but it is now impossible to modify any of my zone configurations because I only see a blank page and the zone boxes. There is no video in the background, so no points of reference for adjusting zone boundaries. It was working fine when I originally configured zones for each monitor a few days back.

Whenever I try live view I get this in the logs

Code: Select all

web_js 2864 ERR Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'replace') zm/cache/skins_classic_js_jquery.min-base-1639175790.js	2
Weirdly I can see video just fine in "montage" view and my home assistant dashboard streams all my zoneminder cameras via api with no problems.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.
iconnor

Re: Problem with live view - 1.36.12

Post by iconnor »

Unfortunately that error is not very useful.

Right click and inspect where the image should be. Take a look at the style on it.

The img tag should start out populated and streaming, but I have seen bugs where it would get set a 0px width.

Try different settings for the scale dropdown.
morini

Post by morini »

Changing the scale does not seem to help. However, I noticed earlier that live view works fine if I use my phone browser (chrome on android) rather than my win 10 laptop. Both chrome and edge (on windows 10) do not work for me so I installed firefox and that does work.

I'm fine with that, I will just use firefox if I ever need to adjust any zones.
morini

Post by morini »

I was reading this thread

viewtopic.php?t=31643

It looks like this was the cause of my issue as well. On checking Options->images->OPT_CAMBOZOLA it was ticked (at no point did I turn this on so I assume it was enabled by default). I am not totally sure why this behaviour suddenly started but I think chrome updated itself at some point between my configuring zones (at install time) and my noticing this problem a few days later. Anyway, unticking OPT_CAMBOZOLA gets live view working in chrome and edge for me.
zarkov1994

Post by zarkov1994 »

I just installed OS updates on my ZM Server (Fedora 35) and saw the same issue reported here (no images in montage or single view and web_js errors in the logs.

On inspection I too had Cambozola enabled in options and after disabling it everything started to work normally. I've not used that plugin in years so I'm a little confused as to why it was enabled and what's changed as part of the OS update (which didn't include a ZM update) to trigger the issue.

In either case, if anyone is reading this and (like me) thinks their problem won't be caused by Cambozola, I'd recommend checking in any case.
Zoneminder 1.36.15 running under:
Fedora 35, Ryzen 5 3600x, 24Gb RAM, 512Gb WD Blue SN570 System SDD, 4TB Seagate Skyhawk Event HDD
Numerous Reolink RLC-410 (Wired IP)
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Google Chrome was from version 99.something to 100.something. This changed the effect of our test for modern Chrome. So it thought it was CHrome 7. So it was trying to use Cambozola. 1.36.14 should have the fix, but in master I've actually removed support for cambozola.