[Solved] NODECT catching the tail end of the events...

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
justanotherguy

[Solved] NODECT catching the tail end of the events...

Post by justanotherguy »

Hi all,

I have a setup for my RLC 811a whereby on the sub stream I have set it up on mocord and setup NODECT on the main stream where the substream is setup as a linked monitor. I have 2 zones defined for the substream and I have noticed that quite often, the main stream will record the tail end of the motion event.

I would like to understand how to fine tune so that I can catch the event from the start. Currently, for a lot of events eg. if an object is moving from right to left in the first zone (image 1), the event will be recorded when the object reaches towards the left edge of the zone. This happens for both for vehicles and pedestrians. Any advice how to go about fixing it?

Here are the zone settings for the 2 zones:
img1.png
img1.png (911.14 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
img2.png
img2.png (934.61 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
Other settings are as follows:
img3.png
img3.png (31.18 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
Last edited by justanotherguy on Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
justanotherguy

Re: NODECT catching the tail end of the events...

Post by justanotherguy »

...contd
img4.png
img4.png (16.67 KiB) Viewed 3442 times
Settings for NODECT (Main stream) are:
img5.png
img5.png (31.31 KiB) Viewed 3442 times
img6.png
img6.png (13.8 KiB) Viewed 3442 times
justanotherguy

Post by justanotherguy »

...contd
img7.png
img7.png (27.49 KiB) Viewed 3442 times
justanotherguy

Post by justanotherguy »

Since zoneminder's motion detection is a bit finicky, I decided to use the camera's motion detection and populate the event into zoneminder...

Here is how I did it on my RLC 811A. There is an option in the camera to send the motion event to a ftp server. I utilized that feature. Created a script in python to copy the event from ftp folder onto zoneminder. Basically, I now run the high res monitor in NODECT and I have disconnected it from the low res stream and when an event is recorded in the ftp folder, I insert an event record into zoneminder mysql database. The recordid after insert is the event id. Create folder in zoneminder's events folder. Copy the .mp4 file from ftp folder into zoneminder. That's it. Now the event is visible from zoneminder web interface and the motion detection is much more accurate. Another benefit is that now I have sound in the recordings which was not the case when zoneminder was recording the motion events.
Ralphred

Post by Ralphred »

justanotherguy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:16 pmSetting up edge detection motion recording just to work around a "detection lag bug", AND seamlessly pushing the data back to the NVR
Nice work friend.