Question about "queue is full warnings" at 1.36.25

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
ameterasu

Question about "queue is full warnings" at 1.36.25

Post by ameterasu »

I've recently updated to 1.36.25 from 1.36.21.

Every camera is throwing "You have set the max video packets in the queue to 300. The queue is full. Either Analysis is not keeping up or your camera's keyframe interval 180 is larger than this setting."

This was not there in the past, I believe its a result of iconnors "- Keep track of max_keyframe_interval and log it when complaining".

What should I interpret here?

Cameras are H264, TCP RTSP, ffmpeg camera passthrough (save jpegs disabled), all record, decode enabled, analysis disabled. Image buffer size = 3, Max Image buffer size = 300.

Also another question;

I'm using fixed length events, currently 10mins. After the update I wanted to increase the section length to 60mins. The ram spiked so fast everything hanged. I thought having longer events could have lowered the loads on everything. Is this normal?

Another note: Before the update my usual ram usage was around 90gb, now its 55. Very good improvement!
bbunge

Re: Question about "queue is full warnings" at 1.36.25

Post by bbunge »

Why do you have the Maximum Image Buffer Size set so high? "0" is the default and you should go back to that as first start. Also set the Key Frame Interval at the cams to a lower value. If you use 10 FPS set the interval to 10. You should get better performance.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

I'd argue that 0 is higher than 300 in the context of the buffer size.
-
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I think what is happening here is that his camera has a large keyframe interval. So his MaxImageBuffer probably needs to be around 500 or more.

Ideally a value of 0 would work, but we find that it allows consuming all of ram.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

iconnor wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:25 pm I think what is happening here is that his camera has a large keyframe interval. So his MaxImageBuffer probably needs to be around 500 or more.

Ideally a value of 0 would work, but we find that it allows consuming all of ram.
Well, ram is to be used. I agree that sometimes it needs to be limited, though.

Any guidance on MaxImageBuffer vs frame rate/key frame interval?

Edit: Just read the help balloon. Explains the setting pretty well.
ameterasu

Post by ameterasu »

iconnor wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:25 pm I think what is happening here is that his camera has a large keyframe interval. So his MaxImageBuffer probably needs to be around 500 or more.

iframe interval was the problem! Reduced iframe to 15 and max buffer to 0. Ram usage went down from 40 to 15!! God I've purchased all those ram for nothing :D

Now everything is perfect! No more queue is full, no more dts packet order errors!

Thank you so much!