Unable to create source for /zoneminder/run/video_fifo_1.none zm_rtsp_server.cpp

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
lix

Unable to create source for /zoneminder/run/video_fifo_1.none zm_rtsp_server.cpp

Post by lix »

Hello

I'm running ZoneMinder 1.36.33 in the https://github.com/zoneminder-container ... inder-base container. I have four analog cameras connected to a bt878 video card and using Video4Linux2. I have configured them as Local cameras i ZoneMinder. All work great, no errors.

Now I want to re-stream them to my HomeAssistant server. I set ZoneMinder Options -> Network -> MIN_RTSP_PORT = 2000 and restart and I can see that ZoneMinder listens to port 2000. I then modify settings for one of the cameras and set Misc -> RTSPServer enabled and RTSPStreamName to entre.
When I save this ZoneMinder gets an error:
zm_rtsp_server 561 ERR Unable to create source for /zoneminder/run/video_fifo_1.none zm_rtsp_server.cpp 282
zm_rtsp_server 561 WAR Unknown format in /zoneminder/run/video_fifo_1.none zm_rtsp_server.cpp 279

I can not access the stream from VLC; rtsp://192.168.1.10:2000/entre should work but it doesn't. I have tried restarting/rebooting, but no success.

Logging into the container to check the file. It is being created as following:
prw------- 1 www-data www-data 0 Jun 23 12:09 video_fifo_1.none

Anyone has any ideas on what's wrong? In some other post discussing RTSP and audio I saw another user who had the file created as video_fifo_1.h264. Is the problem that zm_rtsp_server doesn't understand what type the camera is? Should not not say video_fifo_1.none but something else?

Any ideas?

Thanks
dougmccrary

Re: Unable to create source for /zoneminder/run/video_fifo_1.none zm_rtsp_server.cpp

Post by dougmccrary »

I set ZoneMinder Options -> Network -> MIN_RTSP_PORT = 2000
Never mind... :oops:
Last edited by dougmccrary on Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
lix

Re: Unable to create source for /zoneminder/run/video_fifo_1.none zm_rtsp_server.cpp

Post by lix »

Hi, agree that setting sets the listener port for the rtsp server so not directly related to the error. This was just to give the background.

Do you have any ideas of why the error occurs?
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

dougmccrary wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:46 pm
I set ZoneMinder Options -> Network -> MIN_RTSP_PORT = 2000
That setting is for multi-port to connect output to a browser. Nothing to do with the cameras.
It’s the port it sets for the RTSP server. Not a MIN as the name suggests. Nothing to do with the browser.
-
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

zm_rtsp_server acts in a passthrough mode. So generally only applicable to network cameras streaming h264 or h265.

The original funder for this feature went away without paying the rest of their bill... so... it hasn't progressed.

Shouldn't be too hard to change it to output the results of encoding... but I won't get to it without funding.