Panasonic BB-HCM381 looks very nice (especially demo pages)

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
syscon

Panasonic BB-HCM381 looks very nice (especially demo pages)

Post by syscon »

I was scanning Panasonic BB-HCM381 demo pages:
http://www.ifds.dk/ and particularly:
http://43.235.245.163:60002/ViewerFrame ... Language=0

and I'm very impressed with the clarity and zooming. Is anybody using this camera with Linux. It incorporates Java (instead of ActiveX) so demo pages work nice.
It seems to me has a better picture clarity in comparison to Axis PTZ unit.

Though, in their spec. sheet it only support Microsoft OS, I was wandering what kind of obstacle I would run onto if I try to run it with Linux.
They didn't mention the OS type they are using this camera with, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Linux.

#Joseph
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I don't know about that model but I have a KX-HCM10 and that works just fine. Panasonic do publish their API so provided your cam uses the same one as the rest of their netcams then it should work with ZM.

Phil
syscon

Post by syscon »

zoneminder wrote:I don't know about that model but I have a KX-HCM10 and that works just fine. Panasonic do publish their API so provided your cam uses the same one as the rest of their netcams then it should work with ZM.

Phil
Do you know where to find Panasonic API for their camera?

What it seems to me strange is that they provide support for OS/2 in their cameras which has been dead for a long time but not Linux which drive over 60% of the net.
Is it politics that drive decision which OS to support?!

Anyhow, I didn't buy that camera yet but I was thinking about it. Browsing their installation manual the only useful instruction to me would be how to mount the bracket on the wall. Anything else is futile (it centers all around MS).

So if I decide to try this camera I'm on my own. It list MAC Address on the camera sticker, so I could assign the IP address to it and access it from the browser.

#Joseph
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

I have the api somewhere, ill either post a link or make it available on my server
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

under the panasonic folder
Ive put it up as a pdf
http://217.154.38.122:8080/panasonic
syscon

Post by syscon »

jameswilson wrote:under the panasonic folder
Ive put it up as a pdf
http://217.154.38.122:8080/panasonic
Thanks James, the specification covers the HCM381 as well.
Do I write my own API based on this specification? The reason I'm asking as I don't have much experience with API's.

#Joseph
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

god knows lol.
It should give the info you need to use it with zm unless your plannng on writing your own capture app. If you look late on in this pdf it gives you various aoptions for the ci mjpeg streaming. This is what you use. Bear in mind though I have had issues with blc10 and using it above 320x240 standard.

James
cordel

Post by cordel »

If that is in fact the same camera model BB-HCM381 that the link goes to: http://43.235.245.163:60002/ViewerFrame ... Language=0

I set it up on my zm and am able to control the camera :D
I just used the panasonic script that comes with zm so some of the additional functions are not there.

Cheers,
Cordel

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Cordel
I assume you didnt use the above info in your zm config?

btw what did you use?

James
cordel

Post by cordel »

James,
I'm PMing you login infor to take a peek at the config.
I don't think you can use controls though unless you have edit privilages but you can at least peek ;)
Cordel
cordel

Post by cordel »

Okay, this works out better anyway ;)
By the way I used jpegsnapshot so that I'm not sucking all their bandwidth ( .2 fps )
nphMotionJPEG works as well.
Regards,
Cordel
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Excellent/ Thanks top everyone for checking this out. If anyone wants to donate one so I can just make sure it works then be my guest :lol:

Phil
nigelgiddings

Remote Host Path for Panasonic BCL10 Cameras.

Post by nigelgiddings »

I am experimenting with Zoneminder at the moment and was trying to use a friends BCL10 camera from Panansonic.

The camera is at his workshop, NAT'ed over the internet to my home where I can connect via IE6... He has opted for Port 2000

I have put in his
Remote Host Name <user>:<pass>@XX.XXX.XX.XX
Remote Host Port 2000

But not sure what to try for Remote Host Path...

I also seem to be missing the Control Tab, I must have missed that option somewhere else...

Any help appreciated, at the moment I can only get it working with an old USB Webcam, I am having trouble setting up an MV1000 as well... Is it just my bad choice of HW ?

Nigel
Linux Newbie...
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

see this post
I have used blc10's before but their image quality aint great. if you enter the ip as the control address that should give you control
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
nigelgiddings

Post by nigelgiddings »

James thanks for the quick response

I tried /nphMotionJpeg?Resolution=320x240&Quality=Standard but I don't get any streaming and I just get a Black picture using the Stills option...

If I use the same command in IE6 I can connect and download, but it seems to download continuosly so I canceled it before it finished.

I feel I have a connection but a parameter is wrong somewhere...

Nigel
Linux Newbie...