ONVIF Automatic Discovery

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
Vitteo

ONVIF Automatic Discovery

Post by Vitteo »

After searching through available sources, I have not been able to find an answer to this question. Is the auto-discovery of IP Cameras through ONVIF protocol available in the latest versions of ZoneMinder? Similar functions like Scan Network and ONVIF Probe did not yield the desired results; perhaps I did something wrong. But neither the first nor the second function allows you to enter a specific IP (or IP range) of the remote camera and credentials. Network scanning seems like what I need, but if I understand correctly, adding a separate network with cameras or a separate remote DVR with multiple streams is not supported.

The only information I found regarding this issue is this GitHub issue:
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zoneminder/issues/3173
But it states that the pull request does not implement automatic discovery.

Could you please clarify if I have understood everything correctly? If not, how can I achieve similar functionality?
iconnor

Re: ONVIF Automatic Discovery

Post by iconnor »

The scan network uses arp table lookups and matches against vendor. It is very unlikely that your system has an up to date database of vendors and hence this is sketchy at best.

ONVIF discovery should work, but as it uses multicast, it breaks on many networks. As you know, we have not implemented a feature where you can simply enter an ip and have it scanned.

How can you achieve the functionality you want? Pay someone to make it happen.