ZM 1.37.61 - ONVIF event messages issues.

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
Primed73

Re: ZM 1.37.61 - ONVIF event messages issues.

Post by Primed73 »

Hi @iconnor

Did they end up sorting out your firmware issue?
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Nope. So far they are playing dumb.
Primed73

Post by Primed73 »

That's unfortunate for you, nevermind.
It's a shame because they sorted my issue out very quickly, it's just a waiting game I suppose.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Well unless they are going to release the firmware with the fix, none of us are really helped.
MechanicMike

Post by MechanicMike »

Hey man, sounds like you're knee-deep in tech trouble with those ONVIF event messages on your new camera. It's great that the firmware update helped a bit, but those error logs are a pain. From what you've shared, it seems like the camera is trying to send ONVIF messages but is hitting a wall with Zoneminder, likely due to some mismatch or issue in the data being sent. You've taken a solid step with the packet capture, but now it's time to dive deeper into the specifics of the ONVIF message structure and make sure everything aligns correctly in the data being exchanged. Check the format, the tags, and the values being passed to see if there are any discrepancies causing the
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Finally got the beta firmware for my C520WS.

Now running Tapo_C520WS_7473 1.2.8 Build 240722 Rel 40182n

So far ODM is not complaining and lists events. ZoneMinder is not so happy, but I'm looking into it. My camera has actually become unstable so it may not be ZM's fault.
Primed73

Post by Primed73 »

@MechanicMike - Hi Mike :D , Zoneminder doesn't appear to send MessageID with UUID to the camera, I think that because the camera isn't seeing a MessageID, the camera is not returning the MessageID confirmation to Zoneminder, I'm not sure, but I think that is why the empty SOAP error messages are occurring, I could be wrong but due to my limited experience with code and ONVIF, at the moment this is the only thing I can pick out that maybe causing the issue.

@iconnor - Apologies, I only just remembered that I found with my newer firmware that enabling the Onvif options can cause the camera to stop responding, the only way I found to get around it is to stop the Zoneminder service, re-enable the ONVIF options and save, then restart the Zoneminder service, then the camera starts behaving itself.