I bought and switched to the new zmninja but push messages arent working

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
aarons6

I bought and switched to the new zmninja but push messages arent working

Post by aarons6 »

i migrated from the old zmninja-pro to the new zmninja, but push messages still arent working. its the one part of the app i really liked because i have object recognition on my zm server and the alerts were pretty accurate.

does the app no longer send push notifications? or was there some other settings i need to do?

the app is completely working fine, i can see all my cameras and they stream and have no issues viewing the events. i have all the ports setup and use HTTPS on my server.

im not getting any error messages, and the logs say a push message was sent. its just not showing up on my phone. i have tried turning it off and back on again. ive also deleted the token.txt file and generated a new one.

i know i can setup my own FCM server and do my own push messages. i was just wondering if this was still a default option for the app.
baudneo

Re: I bought and switched to the new zmninja but push messages arent working

Post by baudneo »

I would recommend pushover for now. There is work being done to get zmninja back into push messages, but apple build requirements are ludicrous.
aarons6

Post by aarons6 »

im using the android version
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Thanks for purchasing, we will figure this out!

My understanding was that it should work with the new version.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Okay, I got it working today.

I don't know if the fcm url and key in your zmeventnotification.ini are correct, so you may try the following values:
#fcm_v1_key = myspecialkey
fcm_v1_key=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJnZW5lcmF0b3IiOiJwbGlhYmxlIHBpeGVscyIsImlhdCI6MTcyNzQ0OTI1MCwiY2xpZW50Ijoiem1uaW5qYSJ9.2to4a_X0EQ8MtXyNzVCHfftn6zDn6QpwlSjVYicUq8I
# fcm_v1_url = https://my_custom_url/function_name
fcm_v1_url=https://us-central1-zoneminder-ninja.cl ... /send_push

zmNinja has to be able to talk to zmes at least once. SO while on local lan or whatever, run zmninja. THis will give zmes a token for your zmninja and fcm notifications should start working.

They do for me.
aarons6

Post by aarons6 »

awesome thanks for the reply.
i did not have any of those in my zmeventnotification.ini.

i changed the url and the key in the zmeventnotification.pl file because it was not what you posted.
now i deleted the token.txt and made zmninja make a new key and IT WORKS!!

thanks so much..

you need to edit the github and change the key and url in the zmeventnotification.pl because its wrong.