Lost mobile access to functional UI in Chrome Android

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
Sinusvag

Lost mobile access to functional UI in Chrome Android

Post by Sinusvag »

Hi all!

So I managed to install ZM on a Ubuntu 24.04 install, and eventually got all cameras for a future setup working (one by one). One no-name chinese PTZ, two Axis 720p small cams, a newish Axis 3707 quad cam and an Axis p5534 PTZ. Everything was hunkydory and the interface worked on the phone too (which is my goal, eventually these cameras will be installed in a summer cottage in the woods, and I want to check in on nature and the cabin from time to time while at work).

But suddenly, the mobile access just became...inhibited. No streaming video, no working PTZ controls. I must admit that I tried out changing the theme and also the css, but I figured those changes would be reversible.

The strange thing is that the browser in my laptop (Kubuntu) has kept on running wo problems, ie I can see the streams and control the PTZ. So there is no error there.

- Is there some known method by which I can eliminate what is preventing the mobile access from happening? (Everything is happening on local LAN using localhost as server, no connection to the internet).
sodaso

Re: Lost mobile access to functional UI in Chrome Android

Post by sodaso »

Navigate to /usr/share/zoneminder/www/skins (or similar depending on your installation) and revert any CSS or theme changes. Ensure you’ve re-selected a working theme in the ZoneMinder settings.
Going to Options → System and trying different stream methods (such as jpeg, mpeg, or h264) and resolutions. Some mobile browsers have troublesnow rider 3d with certain codecs.
You can also check the ZoneMinder logs for any errors when trying to access streams from the mobile device. Logs can be found in /var/log/zoneminder/ or within the ZoneMinder web interface under Logs.