event auto deletion not working

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
bhomass

event auto deletion not working

Post by bhomass »

I setup a filter with automatically delete matches set to true.
this used to delete each event soon after it is collected. But, now with the same filter setting, the events don't auto delete anymore, it just accumulates with time.

what could I be doing wrong?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

not sure if it will help and id also look in the filter log but, i had this when i enabled things like ftp and smtp without fully configuring them. this caused the filters to stall and i only noticed cos eventually my disk overflowed as purge whenful wouldnt run.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Is there anything in zmfilter.log?

Phil
cordel

Post by cordel »

What do you have set in your filter?

Corey
bhomass

Post by bhomass »

I eliminated all email functions, both from options menu and from filter definition.

there is not much in zmfilter.log except it is scanning for eents.

the filter has two expresssion for selecting 2 monitor ID's, the auto delete box is selected when saved. nothing else!

still the events accumulate and do not auto delete.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

if you run that filter do you get any events returned?
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
bhomass

Post by bhomass »

yes, by waving my hands in front of the camera, I can generate new events, which, as explained, continue to accumulate.

the filter is defined and saved, I assume that means it must be running.
cordel

Post by cordel »

jameswilson wrote:if you run that filter do you get any events returned?
Yes we understand that they are accumulating, but if you run the filter, It should return a list of events that it would preform that action on. If it don't return a list of events, it will not do anything.

So what happens when you run (click submit) in the filter window?
Corey
bhomass

Post by bhomass »

so, now I understand what the submit button is for.

right now there are a lot of events piled up. when I click on the All button on one of the camera names, a page with the complete list of events popup. I click show filter window, the filter page pops up. I use the pull down to display the filter which I define as
monitor id equal to 3
monitor id equal to 4

when save, I have "automatically delete all matches" checked.
but when I submit, the page that listed all the events becomes blank, and says 0 events. even though that's the monitor with id=3.

according to you then, the filter is not detecting any of these events. what can be wrong?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

what exactly do you want your purge when full filter to do?
James Wilson

cordel

Post by cordel »

Okay so you have two lines, if you would have put you filter settings up this would have gone much faster, on the second line you apperently have the first field set to "and" that should be "or", Change it to or and it will work.

Regards,
Corey

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
bhomass

Post by bhomass »

that's what it was? how embarrassing.

ok, now when I submit, all the right events come up. and after a while the events do automatically get deleted, as I wanted.

one questions though, the event deletion takes a little delay, event when I manually do submit. is the filter suppose to execute right when I hit "submit" button including the delete event step?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

no the filter wont execute it will show the db 'matches' from the info you entered in the query. The filter will run every n seconds. you can change the freq in options under reload filter etc default is 300 seconds i think

james
James Wilson

zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

If you have a lot of events even running filters manually can take a few seconds or more as every event you have has to be checked. The database will optimise this as much as it can but even with extra DB tuning it often will still need to load indexes etc from disk.
Phil
SyRenity

Post by SyRenity »

Hi.

BTW, Phil, is there a good way to run the filters manually indeed? I think that running zmaudit.pl may perhaps do it, but won't it clash with the one launched each 300 secs?