ZM with LML 4 port card only camtures B&W video.

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
cursor

ZM with LML 4 port card only camtures B&W video.

Post by cursor »

I am running ZM 1.21.4 on an AMD 64 server with FC4. While everything is working great I can only capture B&W video. The analog cameras I purchased are color but when I tell ZM to capture using YUV422 the video has a red haze. I am capturing 3 cameras at 640x480 with the Linux Media Labs card.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Have you restarted zm after making the changes to the monitor?

Corey
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Make sure you have the right entries in your modprobe.conf file. Also I think that the LML card neded a driver patch in previous versions, certainly to use the additional inputs. Are you cameras connected directly to the card or to the expansion connectors?
Phil
cursor

Post by cursor »

zoneminder wrote:Make sure you have the right entries in your modprobe.conf file. Also I think that the LML card neded a driver patch in previous versions, certainly to use the additional inputs. Are you cameras connected directly to the card or to the expansion connectors?
I only have 3 cameras attached to the main inputs. I did not even connect the other 4 inputs. I have reloaded ZM with every change I make by doing a "service zm restart".

Where can I find the patch for the LML card?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I think there is a link to it on their website. However I have an LML card in my box and I'm just using a stock FC4 install. I have it working ok, with just the primary inputs, I think I just have the following

Code: Select all

alias char-major-81 bttv
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
alias char-major-81-1 bttv
alias char-major-81-2 bttv
alias char-major-81-3 bttv
options bttv card=77,77,77,77 pll=1
for the bttv bits for this card in my modprobe.conf and it seems to work ok shoudl you should be able to get something going without a kernel rebuild (which is rarely a fun thing).
Phil