Axis 205

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
bjoyce

Axis 205

Post by bjoyce »

Hi,
Just starting out with zm, so on a big learning curve. Please forgive if I have posted this in the wrong area.

I have a Axis 205 IP camera and have downloaded and installed the FC3 iso image on a celleron based computer with 512MB RAM and an 80GB hard disk.

After doing the following
-setting the root password in mysql
-configuring the /etc/zm.conf
-running the zm_init script
it seems to be working as the webpage at localhost/zm works.

I have tried adding my axis 205 camera and it just wont work.

I have had a good browse and search through the forum and found settings like
- source = remote
- function = monitor
- source address = /axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?resolution=640x480 (this works from a browser if i enter the IP of the camera in a browser)

but all I get is a little red X when clicking on the name of my camera.

Where am I going wrong?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards Brad
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

if you change the res of the monitor to 320x240 and your path statement to 320x240 you should get an image. I think that the ctu iso needs its shared mem increasing to get 640x480 res out of it. If you check your logs you should see shared mem errors.

If you check the faq it will tell you how to solve these (if indeed this is your problem)
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
bjoyce

Post by bjoyce »

Thanks, That was the problem. Ill look into the forums for setting a larger shared memory area.

Brad