Any way to concatenate a bunch of mpeg files?

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
bosskong

Any way to concatenate a bunch of mpeg files?

Post by bosskong »

I have a few hundred events saved from zoneminder as mpeg files. I'd like to combine them all into one long mpeg file (ordered by date). Does anyone have any ideas for an easy way to do this? I know I could load them up in Premiere or some other video editing program, but it seems like it would take forever. Any other ideas?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

you can automate mpeg creation with a filter. I have never done this as mpeg to me is useless but it can be done
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
bosskong

Post by bosskong »

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to tell me, but I've already saved these events as mpeg files. What I'm trying to do now is to combine all these individual events (some from last week, some from last month, etc) into one long mpeg file.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I don't know of a way myself, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a way to stream them all together using ffmpeg. You might have toi experiment a bit to see. There isn't a way in ZM as such.
Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Oh i see. Sorry no i dont know either. It is possible and it was in zm4ms a while ago (since removed) that joined events together but that needs the original jpegs. Plus naviagting 12hr mpegs would take a while!
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
bosskong

Post by bosskong »

Heh, problem solved. I just used "copy /b event*.mpg allevents.mpg" in a DOS window and it worked. The headers and timestamps might not be correct, but hey, it works fine for me...