continuos playback and fast forward ;-)

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
hexa

continuos playback and fast forward ;-)

Post by hexa »

Hi,

i have been using zone minder (with cambozola for streaming over www) for quite some time. I noticed that my life would be a lot easier if i could:

- see all the events in continuos fashion.
Right now i have to click on each and every event and with 3k+ events that i have to see it's a real pain in the a**. I would like just to sit back and watch all of the events one after another without having to click on each one.

- while watching these events have them display faster than real time.
Now i'm watching these events in real time, i could shorten my time behind monitor(ing system) if the events would go by faster, like if videos would have fast forward function.

Any ideas how to realize these two functions?

If there is no solution available a.t.m. i could even pay someone (Philip?) for implementing it, since it would shorten time i spend now for surveillance ;-)[/b]
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

this can be done in zm4ms but not on the web i/f at the mo, and would be hard to achive i think
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
zoneminder
Site Admin

Re: continuos playback and fast forward ;-)

Post by zoneminder »

hexa wrote:see all the events in continuos fashion.
Right now i have to click on each and every event and with 3k+ events that i have to see it's a real pain in the a**. I would like just to sit back and watch all of the events one after another without having to click on each one.
If you select multiple events and then click 'View' you should get to see all the selected events in sequence continuously. Similarly whenever you see 'Play All' at the bottom of the event view window, clicking it will continuously play all selected events.
hexa wrote:while watching these events have them display faster than real time.
Now i'm watching these events in real time, i could shorten my time behind monitor(ing system) if the events would go by faster, like if videos would have fast forward function.
You can select a different replay rate on the event replay screen (you may have to click on 'Play All' afterwards to restart the event sequence) or change the default replay rate in the Options bandwidth screens.
Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

and would be hard to achive i think
but obvioulsy not to hard for a man like Phil!

oopss lol
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
hexa

Re: continuos playback and fast forward ;-)

Post by hexa »

zoneminder wrote: If you select multiple events and then click 'View' you should get to see all the selected events in sequence continuously. Similarly whenever you see 'Play All' at the bottom of the event view window, clicking it will continuously play all selected events.

You can select a different replay rate on the event replay screen (you may have to click on 'Play All' afterwards to restart the event sequence) or change the default replay rate in the Options bandwidth screens.
Thank you for your quick response. ;-)

So this is the way i will try it now.
First i'll make a filter to display only todays events or just click on the "day" option in the main screen ;-) , then select them like this:
Then click on the view option

And now i can watch all events in continuos fashion.
But if I change the speed/rate of replay it only replays the current video played then it stops. I understand you told me to click on "Play all" again but i can't find the button anywhere. (I'm using 1.22.0 ;-) Where is that button hiding?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

If you click on 'Stop' while it is playing then it shold be replaced by 'Play All' which will allow you to restart the sequence. It's probably easier to just change the default though if you are going to be doing it all the time.
Phil
hexa

Post by hexa »

thank you
hexa

Post by hexa »

hmm.. it tried it right now.

if i click stop it just stops playing. It doesn't replace stop button with play all. I'm using safari on OSX i'm going to try mozilla based Camino browser to see if it's a problem with my browser.
hexa

Post by hexa »

I noticed that "stop" doesn't actually work.
While using Camino (now i see a nice timeline too) or Safari stop button doesn't work and while i fought it worked before, i know now it stopped because it was the end of the clip not because i pressed it.

I'm going to open a new thread on this since it's not related to the problem i have had before.

Again, thank you for your time.