can't delete more than 185 events

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
gnuorder

can't delete more than 185 events

Post by gnuorder »

I have a strange problem with deteting events. It started with a new install of 1.22.0 and I just upgraded to 1.22.2 and it still happens. No matter how many events I select, only 185 get deleted and I can't figure out why. This is a gentoo AMD64 system using the ebuilds to install. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

This form uses 'get' rather than 'post' as it can get refreshed automatically and you get browser messages if you refresh a 'post'ed form. Thus the event ids are appended to the url and I think most browsers have a limit to the length of this. Assuming it is 1024 or so, then divide this by the lenth of your ids plus '&' to get the limit.

It is probably a bug, I think it should probably just indicate 'all visible' rather than the ids when you check all of them.
Phil
gnuorder

Post by gnuorder »

If you are indicating the browser, it happens with all browsers and I can delete from a previous system running 1.21.0 and 1.22.0 just fine. Apache version is 2.0.55 and the mysql version is 4.1.14. The old system uses apache 2.0.52 and mysql 4.0.20.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

If you check your httpd access logs when you try these large deletes, do you see all the event ids passed on the request?
Phil