Convert Zoneminder Events to mpg-Movie

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
wolfram

Convert Zoneminder Events to mpg-Movie

Post by wolfram »

Hello All,
i have about 30000 events, which show basically a time-lapse record of some changes in my garden. duirng the last 4 weeks. What I want is, to generate one(!) movie with all events in a row.
Is there a way to generate such a vide from within zm, or does anyone know a solution for that.
Cheers Wolfran
wolfram
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

it is possible, and im sure you could write a script. ZM doesnt at the moment generate a video of this type but if you can get all the jpegs you want ito a single folder and number them seqentially then ffmpeg can create a video from them. I did make a version of zm4ms that could do this but i never inteneded it to join 30K together! If your stuck ill resurect the freature in zm4ms and you can test it
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
wolfram

I would love

Post by wolfram »

if you would have a script, or something what you would share.
I was thinking of create a script which would do the renaming, but as my question was, i thought maybe zm could do this anyway...
wolfram
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

no i dont have a script sorry. No zm can create a video of 'an' event not a video of a bunch of events. Actually i checked zm4ms can do this already for all events, just select all event when exporting not current, but ensure you have the hard disk space to hold all those jpegs and be prepared for a wait lol. btw i have never tested this
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk