DLINK DCS-900B

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
Knobee

DLINK DCS-900B

Post by Knobee »

I've just picked up one of these (having seen the "oh yeah, it works" and missing the "oh, it sucks if you have the version B").

Anyway, trying to make the best of a bad situation, can someone tell me if this link might help in getting a higher framerate?

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?t ... ID=3701758

Look at the posting that mentions reading a different number of lines in the mjpeg headers between the DCS and the AXIS cameras.

Somehow, the D-LINK folks are able to get a good stream from the camera via java/active-x... why not us? :D
Knobee

Post by Knobee »

BTW, I've run tcpdump against the stream that is created by the d-link application and find this:

Code: Select all

===SNIP===
[...jpg data...]

--video boundary--
Content-length: 9417
Content-type: image/jpeg

[...jpg data...]
===SNIP===
Can anyone provide me a similar dump from an AXIS camera?

Thx!
Knobee

Post by Knobee »

As much as I hate to followup to myself, I've found a demo of "Active WebCam" that is able to pull the video stream from a DCS-900B at 20+FPS.

Here's the start of the stream:

GET /video.cgi HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
User-Agent: HTTP agent
Host: 192.168.168.138
Cache-Control: no-cache

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: Camera Web Server/1.0
Auther: Steven Wu
MIME-version: 1.0
Cache-Control: no-cache
Content-Type: multipart/x-mixed-replace;boundary=--video boundary--

--video boundary--Content-length: 12260

......VVL.00..............
(note that the first frame does not have a <cr> between the --video boundary-- and the "Content-length" string)

a jpg image follows, and is then split with the following:

.Fx.q.8....b.l*.?.B.6...B...Q.;.jT.l\.s.j,......

--video boundary--
Content-length: 12500

......VVL.00..............
Any ideas on why ZoneMinder won't stream this?

Currently I'm using the video.jpg method and getting about 2fps.

Thanks!
Knobee
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I have Axis cams but none are powered on at the mo and Im not in the same building. If necessary I can get a stream later on.

Do you know why you are only getting 2fps? Is it because that is all the cam is feeding or (more likely) because ZM is barfing at the bogus stream format and restarting the capture daemon?

Check /var/log/messages and zmdc.log to see if zmc is being restarted. If it is not then you will probably need to put up debug on zmc so we can see exactly what is happening. Do you know if you are using regular expression matching or not?
Phil
Knobee

Post by Knobee »

zoneminder wrote:Do you know why you are only getting 2fps? Is it because that is all the cam is feeding or (more likely) because ZM is barfing at the bogus stream format and restarting the capture daemon?
Actually, if I use the "image.cgi", I get zero FPS... it won't read the image at all. The 2FPS is via the use of "image.jpg" and (I'm assuming) a continuous poll of the camera.
Check /var/log/messages and zmdc.log to see if zmc is being restarted. If it is not then you will probably need to put up debug on zmc so we can see exactly what is happening. Do you know if you are using regular expression matching or not?
I'll check this in a bit. Thanks for the quick response. Regular expression matching is enabled.

Note: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6793 is the "bad news"... I'm thinking that this can be worked out, however. It seems to be just a change in the way they are presenting the stream..

Knobee
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Ok. If it just boils down to the missing crlf before the boundary I may be able to get you a custom patch.
Phil
Knobee

Post by Knobee »

Getting expert help, I was able to determine that yes, dlink broke the streaming jpeg format in the rev B cameras, but there is hope:

use the url: /mjpeg.cgi

and turn off regexp matching in ZoneMinder.

I've been able to get up to 30fps from my DCS-900(b)

Knobee
pathway

Post by pathway »

The Post above by 92 is a spam... and it's a link to a windows executable. (Don't know what it is, I'm on a Mac... but I bet it's malware.)

FYI

--Pathway
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

which post?
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
Knobee

Post by Knobee »

jameswilson wrote:which post?
The one that seems to already have been removed. ;)

Merry Christmas, all!
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

lol i see
happy christmas
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
cordel

Post by cordel »

Yeah I caught it not put five minutes vafter you posted, I was going to remove your notice as well but forgot what post it was :? Best just to PM us to let us know so that we don't clutter up the forums and end up being as bad as the spamers, and I'm sure most are smart enough to realize what is spam.

Cheers,
Corey