Confirmation message on Delete Events button

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
tech_fixer

Confirmation message on Delete Events button

Post by tech_fixer »

Hi Phil,
I was wondering if you could add a javascript confirmation message to the "Delete" button on the Events page?

Yup, I messed up and deleted some events that I meant to archive... Dont laugh... I know you're laughing... :lol:

Thanks,
Jose.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

lol if your quick and you beat zm audit you could un dlete them
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
tech_fixer

Post by tech_fixer »

Too late... haha :lol:

It was no biggie... this time. But other users (including myself) may find it useful in the future.

Jose.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

This is a good suggestion and I will add it into 1.22.1 when I get chance. I 'd like to get 1.22.1 out as it's been sitting mostly ready for about a month now. At some point I need to call a halt on mods though and that isn't always easy :lol:
Phil
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

I appreciate the delete prompt, but can you add an optional switch to turn it off? I delete events several times throughout the day and am getting tired of having to jump to the the box to basically say 'yes I really mean delete' hehehe...
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I will see about making it optional in future. In the meantime, you can delete events from the watch view without confirmation, though it's not so convenient with thumbnails.
Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

lol...keeping all the people happy all of the time
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk