Windows Live Viewer..27-11-05 Now Complete Frontend for ZM!!

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
R2D2

Post by R2D2 »

After a long long time in diverse MySQL-, Ubuntu-, and Debian Forums i did the following steps:

1.] edited the entry in /etc/mysql/my.cnf from:

Code: Select all

#
# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
bind-address		= 127.0.0.1
#
to

#
# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
# bind-address		= 127.0.0.1
#
after this step the Error Message was:

2.] added the the following entry in MySQL:

mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP
    -> On zm.*
    -> TO 'zmuser'@'%'
    -> IDENTIFIED BY 'zmpass';

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
After that i got this Error Message:

And now?, any idea?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

no none.
I can think that if you download the mysql query tool for windows (this is how i test mysql links) and check that works.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
R2D2

Post by R2D2 »

now i have changed Montior 1 from Monitor to Record.
The result is:

Any idea now?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

yes , this is an issue i know about
If you look that entry has no endtime, frmaes etc and as such is an error in the db. If you view the event from the web i/f you will see it contains no infomation. If you delete this then you will be good to go
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
R2D2

Post by R2D2 »

1000 Thanks, now it works fine.........
goose202

Post by goose202 »

jameswilson,

First up just let me say your app is great! Took me a while to discover that there was an initial password of admin/admin but once sorted everything works well. Is the initial password in a readme somewhere, or did I skip over something I shouldn't have? I only discovered this infomation reading through this thread.

Now I haven't read this entire thread, but I've got one issue. When playing back events, when it gets to the end of the last event in the list, I get an unhandled exception. I can post a screenshot if that would be useful.

I also have a couple of feature suggestions if you have the time or feel the desire to implement: :)

1. A remember password option on startup. This could be a tick box or maybe even an option within the program where you could put in your username/password and ask it to automatically log in.

2. Some kind of option to allow viewing of only unseen events. I'd like to be able to click a button and have only the events shown since I last fired up the application. This might be a bit difficult though without database modifcations I suspect.

3. Is there a way to set a default view? ie I have custom view 1 setup - can I make it so this is always loaded on startup?

Bruce.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

1 and 3 are already there,
for 1 there is this in the user tab, (autologin user 1)

3, if logged in as a user there is another settings button that shows that allows you to chnage the startup view from the default of 4

yes 2 would require a db edit and is quite a major chnage, if there is enough support for it this could be added.

You are right about the end of events, but there is a reason for this.

It lists all events even a current one, and as the event is current it cannot know when it ends so it fails. I might need to chnage this though so it handlkes the errror better
James Wilson

goose202

Post by goose202 »

D'oh! How'd I miss 1 and 3! Thanks james. :oops:
emo82

Post by emo82 »

hi. i just install ZM4MS and i am very impress!!!!i am new user of this linux video surveiliance system. so i install ZM 1.22.2 live cd.I buy a cheap capture with 1 bt878 chip and 2 b\w cameras. it work wery good on the server and on the remote LINUX computers. For remote view i use FEDORA 5 distr. With it I get 4-5 f/ps. But with windows xp SP2 I have some kind of dilay. I use internet explorer; mozilla firefox; and ZM4MS ofcourse. But all of them have some problem with video streaming. Or may be windows have!??? :)

Thanks in advance.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

what do you mean by 'dilay'?
James Wilson

emo82

Post by emo82 »

jameswilson wrote:what do you mean by 'dilay'?
I have 2 computers one by one. First with Fedora 5 and secound with windows xp. If i use firefox with bouth machines linux is much better. windows strem 5 secounds, then stop for 1 end goes again. Linux do not stop at all. it`s worse with 4 cameras.
I have good internet conections on all places.and machines are pentium4 3.2GH 945-intel chipset.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

I still dont fully understand, you are having a problem streaming all cams wether by firefox, ie or zm4ms? If you have a problem with ff then you will have an issue with zm4ms too, maybe you could slow the refresh rate?
James Wilson

emo82

Post by emo82 »

jameswilson wrote:I still dont fully understand, you are having a problem streaming all cams wether by firefox, ie or zm4ms? If you have a problem with ff then you will have an issue with zm4ms too, maybe you could slow the refresh rate?
Thank you very much for your posts!!!
I am sorry for my english!!!!
I have problem with i.e., firefox and viseon viewer on windows platform. 5 secounds streaming then stop for little bit.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

well if you are remote and trying to use firefox for streaming then i assume you are using mjpeg an doubt you have enough bandwidth, but zm4ms should slow down to max the link out permanently. I have found issues with zm4ms and some outgoing firewalls like zone alarm but not the built in xp one. I would suggest you check the links are sustaining the speeds you require.
Coulod you send me your zm server details for these sites and i will test to see if its something else?
James Wilson

jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

you have very slow or high latency upstream mate.

your achieving about 64 k a second maximum. Id chack what else is using that link and do a speed test on it if nothing else is. It just keep pausing and i think its a link issue not a zm issue. It certainly isnt a zm4ms or firefox issue
James Wilson