Contents of Kodicom 4400R package?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Jimmy

Contents of Kodicom 4400R package?

Post by Jimmy »

Hiya

Could anyone who has the Kodicom 4400R confirm whether or not it comes with daughter boards to enable at least a further 8 composite inputs?

I have found an international supplier of the card to the UK for $200, not figured out the shipping yet, is this a reasonable price?

Was looking at the Linux Media Card, but the only additional feature it appears to have is alarm outputs, which I don't think I will find myself ever using, and it's 1/3 more expensive at $299, any other reason why I should consider the LML card?

Many thanks

James

Actually, also, I'd like to capture sound too, are there any alternative boards on the same level which have this feature?

Does zoneminder even support sound capture?
cordel

Post by cordel »

It depends on the supplier whether the board comes with the daughter cards and some charge extra for them.

The board does not have connectors to interface sound to yet it is capable ( a little soldering involved to capture sound through that board).

Sorry, but at this time zm does not handle capturing sound. It is already on the wish list but I suspect that it might be some time before we see it.

Regards,
Corey
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Oooh, well I just paid for the card, so fingers crossed it works as I hope.

Sounds interesting, got any information on the modification I'd need to do in order to enable the sound inputs?

Thank you

James