Zoneminder Live Streaming

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder

Is ZM live streaming (Video streaming) setup and does it work fine in your system? (pls tell your os and specific work)

Poll ended at Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:46 am

Yes, absolutely easy setup and works fine!
67%
Yes, but after much repairing and doing 3rd party works!
No votes
No, i have much problem with it and i can't solve it since.
33%

Total votes: 6

emamirazavi

Zoneminder Live Streaming

Post by emamirazavi »

One specific feature of ZM is streaming and grabbing the frames together and alongside each other. But from long time ago I've spent on it and haven't taken any acceptable result. Now i know that it requires FFMPEG to make video format files from captured frames and it doesn't want that to live view particularly! I found out that it alone uses LIBAVCODEC library to code the frames into video format but i don't know how it makes live stream view. I thought that it used FFSERVER to stream videos. Come on making a useful help to solve all the streaming problems! I appeal to everybody for donating attributes of his os and hardware!
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

if you want an easy setup use one of the prebuilt zm distros, works first time and without issues. The problems you have are not a zm problem but an ffmpeg problem
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
emamirazavi

Post by emamirazavi »

jameswilson wrote:if you want an easy setup use one of the prebuilt zm distros, works first time and without issues. The problems you have are not a zm problem but an ffmpeg problem
Hi James,
I well know that this problem isn't about ZM, but i think some error handling doesn't work fine. Besides, we should see the errors certainly at libavcodec and buffering being used. By the way, I don't know about prebuilt zm distros... pls tell about it and if it's possible, specify a recommended os alike zm developers' os!
S.Mohammad.Emami.Razavi
cordel

Post by cordel »

The OS used to develop upon is Fedora although it should work fine with almost any Linux OS. If your having a problem, most likely you will find an error in one of the logs. I have yet to not find an error when there is a problem. You are correct that zm does not use ffserver. ZMS handles all the streams.

Check your logs as detailed in the README and WikiFAQ Troubleshooting sections.

Regards,
Corey
bosskong

Post by bosskong »

Are you having problems when choosing a live monitor feed or just when you go into the "Video" menu? I'm not really an expert here, but I'll try to help. Everything works for me. I'm using Gentoo linux with ffmpeg 0.4.8-3. I've had problems with some of the ffmpeg versions >= 0.4.9 with Zoneminder. In the ZM options, ZM_STREAM_METHOD=jpeg and ZM_OPT_MPEG=ffmpeg. On the client side, I'm using Mozilla Firefox.
emamirazavi

Post by emamirazavi »

I mean about zm mpeg streaming that uses zms and libavcodec to video streaming! Jpeg refreshing and cambozola and any other approach are working fine but Mpeg streaming doesn't work correctly and it's not alert in this matter! After all, I'm generating my events via ffmpeg although i can't see any mpeg, asf, etc frame... live. I'm in trouble to solve this problem since many weeks ago and I'm ambitious to take a little achievement!
S.Mohammad.Emami.Razavi
Knobee

Post by Knobee »

Everything works great -- had to tell people to move away from IE, but that's no loss to anyone.

Firefox 4-eva. :twisted: