trendnet ptz help

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
rsadanan

trendnet ptz help

Post by rsadanan »

i have trendnet tv ip400

can anybody help me to use a zoneminder controls

to configure pan/tilt/zoom

i also a new talitor
MrEvoMan

Post by MrEvoMan »

I am also looking for some assistance with PTZ controls for a TrendNet TV-IP410.

I've read through SFPeter's driver help, but it doesn't seem to work with this version of ZM or the 410.

http://www.sfpeter.com/2008/07/31/new-t ... nder-123x/

What I get is the following:

Code: Select all

Apr 22 20:26:55 deimos zmcontrol[21044]: ERR [Error check failed: '500 No Host option provided'] 
With any of the buttons or presets pushed, the error is always the same.

Any ideas?
sfpeter

Post by sfpeter »

the IP410 has a completely new control protocol so my IP400 driver won't work with that. A bigger problem than the PTZ control even is the fact that I believe it streams mpegs instead of motion jpeg. It looks like the latest version of Zoneminder now has some support for mpeg, but I don't know if anyone has actually been able to get the IP410 to work with it.
Peter
MrEvoMan

Post by MrEvoMan »

sfpeter wrote:the IP410 has a completely new control protocol so my IP400 driver won't work with that. A bigger problem than the PTZ control even is the fact that I believe it streams mpegs instead of motion jpeg. It looks like the latest version of Zoneminder now has some support for mpeg, but I don't know if anyone has actually been able to get the IP410 to work with it.
Peter
I have the IP410 up and running just fine. Even the motion capture works.

I have a little difficulty with trying to view some of the feeds while not at home (streaming through an ISA firewall) but that's a different problem.

If you see from one of my other threads, I wrote a VERY simple command line perl script to control some of the movements.

So, any ideas on the 500 Host not provided error? I can probably even update the CGI commands in your TVIP400.pm driver, but I can't seem to get around the first error at all.

Thanks for any help!
scarrz

Post by scarrz »

anybody have a fix or and idea for this 500 error? I get the same thing for my Trendnet 410 PTZ. ???