Canon VC-C3 PTZ Support...

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
unmanaged

Canon VC-C3 PTZ Support...

Post by unmanaged »

I would be willing to donate to ZoneMinder for the addition of Canon VC-C3 PTZ support... I have a PDF of the protocol and what is required to control the camera and would like to have a solution such as ZoneMinder to support this camera...

Gavin

:wink:
pathway

Post by pathway »

I can't seem to find information directly on the Canon website, so I'll ask you:

Is it a IP or an Analog camera?

If it's IP: Can you capture an image from it using an internet browser?

Are you looking for PTZ support, or just image capture capability?

Some cameras are PTZ controlled using Serial commands, others with HTTP requests. Others still with their own proprietary protocol(s). Can you tell us which this camera uses?

By answering these questions, we can give you a more definite answer if it can be made to work with ZoneMinder.

--Pathway
unmanaged

Post by unmanaged »

:arrow: Here is the PDF from the SDK...

http://www.ftsm.ukm.my/azizi/tk3086/Vc3sdk.pdf

:arrow: Canon's information on the VC-C3 (SDK and etc)

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/contr ... delid=8267

:P Thanks!
pathway

Post by pathway »

Okay, this camera is an analog camera, so yes: ZoneMinder can capture the images using a capture card.

About control: The PDF does explain that the camera can be controlled by either a remote control unit, or a PC using a serial interface. If you wanted to control it with the remote, you won't need to do anything else. If you want to control it with ZoneMinder, you'll have to devise a protocol to control it.

Note: I am not a programmer, so there may be details which are beyond my understanding.

--Pathway