I temporarily moved some of my events folders, am I screwed?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
bosskong

I temporarily moved some of my events folders, am I screwed?

Post by bosskong »

A few days ago, the www partition on my ZM server was very close to full. I did not want to purge any old events, so to keep the server running, I temporarily moved some of my events folders to another drive. So, last night I upgraded the drives. Now that I have lots of free space, I moved some of the events folders back to where they came from. Unfortunately though, it appears that these events no longer exist in the database. I think that Zoneminder noticed that the files and folders weren't there and decided to remove these events from the mysql database. Am I screwed? Is there any way to get these events back?

I do not have any backups from the past month or so. If I can somehow move the database back to its condition from a few days ago, I'd be willing to lose all events that were recorded in the past few days. I would just really like to restore these old events that were moved. Any ideas?
cordel

Post by cordel »

Unless you backed up the database before the time you moved the files, there is not much you can do.
bosskong

Post by bosskong »

Well, the events in question occured in 2006, so I may actually have a database backup. I am definitely no mysql expert though - is there any relatively simple way to just restore all the events from one particular monitor?
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Recent livecd installations have an automatic db backup feature that writes a .sql file in each event directory.
If this applies to you then you can check details here.
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6299