BT878 card, same camera showing on different sources?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
john.a.sutherland

BT878 card, same camera showing on different sources?

Post by john.a.sutherland »

Hi,

I can get my camera to work on one channel, I am using Fedora core 7, I had this working with Fedora core 6, so I am thinking it is a software or configuration problem on my part. I have a network camera also that works fine.

I can get the BT878 cameras both to work on one channel independently, when I use two inputs I cannot get both cameras to work, I can get one to work but get a blank screen on the other channel. Sometimes I can get two pictures of the same camera to show with different sources! Weird huh?

Fedora uses /dev/video0, /dev/video1, /dev/video2 and /dev/video3. The BT878 is from BlueCherry and has seperate BT878 chips for each input, so it is "capable" of 120fps, but I am keeping the FPS low, like 5 fps.

Thanks,

John