new support for Trendnet TV-IP400W

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
sfpeter

new support for Trendnet TV-IP400W

Post by sfpeter »

I'm fairly new to ZoneMinder, but have been able to get it running succesfully with my Trendnet IP400W pan/tilt camera. I wrote a zmcontrol script for controlling the camera that i'd be happy to donate to the zoneminder project.

What should the process be for adding this new file ... do I post it here, email it to Phil, or update the Wiki first, etc?

In the meantime, if you're interested in using this control script, feel free to send me a message.
cordel

Post by cordel »

You can do either one. I would suggest the wiki.
sfpeter

trendnet tv-ip400 / tv-ip400w

Post by sfpeter »

OK, I wrote up an article in my blog on how to get it to work, and also added a link from the Wiki. When I have some time, I might put the actual instructions and files on the wiki too.

http://www.sfpeter.com/2007/08/14/contr ... oneminder/
phiberop

Post by phiberop »

sfpeter, does your control script work with ZM 1.23.1? I followed the procedure on your blog, but I am unable to to control my trendnet tv-ip400w. I am getting video fine...after disabling the ZM_NETCAM_REGEXPS option (solution found by person on the forum, kudos!). When I try to control the camera the interface comes up fine, but when I click to pan or tilt, the camera does nothing.

I checked the permissions on the .pl script and they are all set to read, write, and execute. Any ideas of what could be the malfunction?

Thanks!
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

The format for the control stuff has changed a bit in 1.23.x and there is no longer a separate script for each camera type. Now it's a package file instead and just the one script. Most of it you can probably just copy over if you want to move to that format, you should be able to see how it works from looking at the other examples.

This was to allow persistence between instructions (necessary for some protocols to come) and also to reduce code duplication.
Phil