Panasonic BL-C30 Setup

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Carey

Panasonic BL-C30 Setup

Post by Carey »

I'm unable to get my Panasonic BL-C30 to be displayed by ZM. I read the other posts on the forum that I found, where other people were having trouble with their set up, but everything I try that was suggested hasn't worked.

Could someone with a working Panasonic BL-C series IP camera please be so kind as to tell me exactly what settings you are using?

I do have authentication turned on and a different port than default. I have tried the suggested user:password@ip_address:port/ format. But I'm not sure if that is the issue of some other setting is wrong.

Thanks for all advice.
Carey

BL-C30 Settings

Post by Carey »

Well I figured it out. The biggest problem I had was with the username, password and port. The suggestions posted on this forum was misleading. So for future reference here's what works for the Panasonic BL-C30 with latest firmware and ZM 1.22.2.

I selected the preset of: Panasonic IP PTZ, 320x 240, jpg, 5 FPS

Monitor > Source >
Remote Host Name: username:password@ip_address
Remote Host Port: port_number

DO NOT add the port number to the end of the ip address as this won't work. And no slash at the end. This is what through me off from several other postings on this forum. At least for this model of camera.

Control Tab:
Controllable: Checked
Control Type: Panasonic IP
Control Device: <blank>
Remote Host Name: username:password@ip_address

The above assumes you have a authentication setup on the camera with user name and password.
ubell

Post by ubell »

Hi Carey,

I can't get the wireless function of my BL-C30 to work. Did you have any trouble with this?

Mike
ubell

No control tab?

Post by ubell »

Any idea why my monitor panel has no control tab? All I have is:
General Source Timestamp Buffers Misc
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

have you enabled control for the cam and turned it on for the system?
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
ubell

Post by ubell »

Ah! It might be good if Chapter 9 starts with saying you have to enable control.

Now I have a control tab, but there is no panasonic option in the control type. Any ideas where to find it? I have searched the forum and I don't see anything about having to install it.
ubell

Post by ubell »

Apparently the control is not included in update scripts and I have updated my ZM installation over the years rather than doing a clean install. Inserting the record from db/zm_create.sql (changing its ID not to conflict) seems to do the trick!

Now if only the camera would work wirelessly!
ubell

BL-C30 only supports open system

Post by ubell »

I finally got BL-C30 to work wirelessly. Apparently the BL-C30 only supports open system and not shared key connections.
ubell

Post by ubell »

One more: I tried setting presets on the control page for the camera. The setting part seems to work but the camera just goes to one extreme or the other when I hit the preset button. Any ideas on what to look at?