Images out of order in event stream, bad dates

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
ubell

Images out of order in event stream, bad dates

Post by ubell »

I recently installed a new Panasonic BL-c30 camera, upgraded to 1.22.3 and am having some strange problems. I thought that maybe my down rev MySQL could be the problem so blew away my db installed MySQL-5.0.45 but the problems persist.

When an event triggers I usually get several events in rapid succession. Some are dated 69/12/31 16:00:00. Some say they take negative time, or millions of seconds. the events tend to have the same set of images in them and some of the images are out of order (people pop in and out of the frame, walk backwards, etc.).

I am having some connectivity problems with my wireless camera and it may be the 69/12/31 events are triggered when the camera does not respond briefly.

Any ideas on what could be happening?
eracc

Post by eracc »

In my experience the Panasonic BL-C30 cameras are crap. They do not even work correctly all the time with Panasonic's own little video servers. I recommend selling or giving that thing to someone and getting an Axis camera instead. If you cannot do that then you are pretty much stuck with poor performance from that camera. Also, wireless has to have an excellent signal. If you do not have a consistent excellent signal from/to your wireless camera then you are going to have "issues" with that camera even if it works perfectly (which the BL-C30 does not).

This does not mean you don't have some weird problem with ZM just that the camera itself is likely part of the problem (if not all of it).
ubell

Post by ubell »

The camera appears to be functioning well enough, my needs are not too critical. Perhaps the camera problems are triggering the bad behavior from ZM, but I would like to try to get ZM to behave properly even if the camera does not respond all the time.

Yes, my wireless signal is not what I hoped even with the camera only 10s of feet from the AP. I suspect it is the lathe and plaster walls in my old house that cut down on the signal.
ubell

Post by ubell »

I'd still like to understand where the negative times are coming from.

(Is there some way to insert a web page into the forum, I don't have an external server? If so I can post the Frames page. In the mean time...)

Here is the sequence that I'm seeing. I have 29 frames. Frames 1-10 are pre-alarm and run from 15:19:34 to 15:19:41. 11-13 are Alarm and run from 15:19:41 to 15:19:44. 14 and 15 are 15:19:46,48 then we have 16-19 which are Alarm frames and have time stamps of 15:19:26 - 15:19:32. Frame 20 is at 15:19:34 and frames 21-29 are all 16:00:00 with a Time Delta of: 999,999.99

It does appear the camera went off line at frame 21.

But what would cause the out of order of the frames 16-19?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

send em to ill host em for ya
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
ubell

Any gurus out there?

Post by ubell »

I'm surprised no one has suggested what might cause this behavior or how I might track it down. Doesn't anyone have a suggestion?

Mike
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Sorry I was supposed to host this
http://www.jpwilson.eu/UBELLpostZM.html
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk