New Cameras on the Market.

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
pathway

New Cameras on the Market.

Post by pathway »

New Cameras are now available, and I'd love to hear if anybody had the chance to try them with Zoneminder. In fact, I'd love to know if any new camera models become available. Here's what I found:

Axis 209FD series - This is a tiny dome camera... Currently available in a "Vandal Resistant" version... Apparently a low cost version and a megapixel verision are both going to be available soon.

TrentNet IP-TV201P - This appears to be the same camera as the standard IP-TV201... but with Power over Ethernet. Would be a cheap PoE solution... but does it work with ZoneMinder? I dont beleive the original 201 did....

Linksys PVC2300 - This looks like an inexpensive PoE and outdoor-capable camera. It accepts a DC powered lens (which is the one feature often missing on other "low cost" cameras). It says it supports JPEG in the spec...

VivoTek FD7131 - A low cost Fixed Dome, PoE. This camera might be the right mix of price and features... if it's reliable and works with ZoneMinder. I may be getting one of these. If I do, I'll let you guys know.

If anybody has tried one of these, or know of other cameras that are coming out, let us know! Also, feel free to upgrade the Wiki with this valuable information.

--Pathway