ZM console time WRONG by exactly one hour.

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
KegRaider

ZM console time WRONG by exactly one hour.

Post by KegRaider »

Hi,

I have trolled around the forums to no avail for the answer to my strange error. I did a fresh install last night of 1.22.3 (Mandriva LiveCD), and my system time and Hardware clock are just fine.

If I issue an uptime i get :
# uptime
15:59:11 up 5 min, 2 users, load average: 1.05, 0.88, 0.41

yet, the ZM page shows:
Wed 12th Dec, 4:59pm

Also, checking in Webmin's Time area displays the correct time too. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is annoying me having the wrong time (by exactly 1 hour). I have reset the system time and rebooted too many times to count :p

- Thanks,

Troy.
KegRaider

Post by KegRaider »

Oh,

I forgot to mention, all the timestamps in the events, and on the images are correct though.

Consequently, nothing shows up in the "Hourly" field.

Thanks for looking.
W.

Post by W. »

The same problem as here?
if common sense is so uncommon, why is it called common then?
KegRaider

Post by KegRaider »

Yes, I'm certain I have been bitten by the same bug. I have read that PHP actually looks at the zoneinfo anyway, so another dead end :?

Maybe I have to concede defeat and set back to UTC or something. http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43003
KegRaider

Post by KegRaider »

Well, I have set the timezone to UTC, and adjusted my clock -950, and all is now good.....I just don't get it.
shocksystems

Post by shocksystems »

KegRaider wrote:Yes, I'm certain I have been bitten by the same bug. I have read that PHP actually looks at the zoneinfo anyway, so another dead end :?

Maybe I have to concede defeat and set back to UTC or something. http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43003
I have the same issue. Frustrating. I voted on the importance of the bug. Thanks for the research and link.

Jim