Can the background colour of ZM console be changed ? Solved

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
EyeEye

Can the background colour of ZM console be changed ? Solved

Post by EyeEye »

Hi all

First let me say thankyou for zoneminder, i think its great.

Now for my question,
Is it possible to change the background colour of the ZM console, and if so what file/files do i need to edit. ?

Searching the forum has not given any pointers, so i post this in the hope someone may be able to help

Thanks in advance

EE
Last edited by EyeEye on Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

May not be what you want, but if you open it in an iframe, it will be the color specified on the page. I have a default page on the website that opens ZM in an iframe just to make everything clean.
haus

Post by haus »

/usr/share/zoneminder/zm_html_styles.css handles a lot of the output; I use it to customize the link colors. If you add a "body" entry you might end up changing the background on all the pages, so if you want something console specific, you'll need to do more searching in /usr/share/zoneminder. But that's where all the files are. :)
EyeEye

Post by EyeEye »

Hi
Lee Sharp wrote: May not be what you want, but if you open it in an iframe, it will be the color specified on the page. I have a default page on the website that opens ZM in an iframe just to make everything clean.
Sorry mate, but that has gone right over my head im afraid to say :? :? :? :? :? thankyou anyway for responding.
haus wrote: If you add a "body" entry you might end up changing the background on all the pages, so if you want something console specific, you'll need to do more searching in /usr/share/zoneminder. But that's where all the files are. :)
Sorry, i should have made myself clearer

When i said ZM console i was speaking broadly,
what i meant was ALL of the windows that pop up via the links from the main page.

So i tried doing the above by adding this:

Code: Select all

body {
		color: #E2ECEC;
	}
to the top of the code in zm_html_styles.css, to no avail.

Is this what you meant,
or is it completely wrong (i dont understand this stuff)

Please could you give the proper code i would need to enter

Again thankyou both

EE
EyeEye

Post by EyeEye »

Ok

i think i now have it sorted.

I added the following in both zm_html_styles.css and zm_xhtml_styles.css

Code: Select all

body {
	background-color: #E2ECEC;
}
That seems to have done the trick, all windows have the new background colour. . 8) . 8) . 8)

Thanks all

EE

. 8)