Windows Live Viewer..27-11-05 Now Complete Frontend for ZM!!

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
decibel83

zm4ms username and password

Post by decibel83 »

I installed zm4ms on my Windows XP computer, but when I open it (Viseon Viewer 2) it asks me for a username and a password.
What I have to insert it that fields?

Thank you very much!
Bye!
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

it is a common question but its
admin
admin
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
solti

joystick

Post by solti »

Hi James!

I tried your windows frontend and it works perfectly. Congratulations!

But one thing is missing for me. Do you have any idea if i can control cameras with joystick (PTZ)?
I was wondering about mapping camera axis to the arrow buttons or something else. Do you think is there any stuff like glovepie for wiimote? (it is little tool to map wii controller buttons to keyboard buttons via bluetooth).

Greetings

Solti

ps: I'm not a native English speaker...
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

there is no ptz functionslaity in zm4ms, as i never got round to doing it.

i wanted ti add it but i wanted to add it in such a way that the ptz commands would be sent to the zm server and then zm would control the cam. This isnt currently in zm so it cant be done.

adding direct support for axis wouldnt be a major job but would only work on the local lan etc, so im againsta adding the functionality that way.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
solti

Post by solti »

jameswilson wrote:there is no ptz functionslaity in zm4ms, as i never got round to doing it.
oops, sorry, i could not tried it, because i haven't got any PTZ cams yet. Ii am still searching for cheap surveillance solutions (zoneminder vs anything else). I asked for it, because i wanted to setup "hidden" zm server somewhere in the house, and a "watching station" to my pc with joystick (I prefer your frontend instead ZM's webpage, because it is more easier to use it)
jameswilson wrote: "i wanted ti add it but i wanted to add it in such a way that the ptz commands would be sent to the zm server and then zm would control the cam. This isnt currently in zm so it cant be done."
maybe in future releases...

So if I want to use joystick to control PTZ cams, i have to buy expensive Axis solutions or something similar. Bad news...

Thanks for your quick answer.
robi

Post by robi »

I don't mean to offend anyowne, just asking:
is there anywhere a decent manual/howto/quick setup guide/readme or anything similar about this tool?

It's not really self-explanatory, can't find install options either (where does it install, where does it keep the settings, etc). Also nothing on http://www.jpwilson.eu either.

Is this project abandoned? The first post looks like it wasn't updated at all, and has many broken tags too... would be a pity, as it looks useful.
v1.25.0 + Ubuntu Linux 12.04 Server
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

its not abondoned far from it
Its pretty easy to setup but if you read this thread it will take you through it

There is nno manual as such, as i assumed others would document it as i wrote it... wishful thinking, but i aint writing a manual as well.

Its a .net2 app so kees the settings internally and installs ion windows by clicking on .... install after unzipping the zip.
James Wilson

robi

Post by robi »

jameswilson wrote:its not abondoned far from it
Its pretty easy to setup but if you read this thread it will take you through it

There is nno manual as such, as i assumed others would document it as i wrote it... wishful thinking, but i aint writing a manual as well.

Its a .net2 app so kees the settings internally and installs ion windows by clicking on .... install after unzipping the zip.
Well, hm, thanks... however, the thread has 40 pages... a lot to read...
A simple readme or quick steps sumarized in a few bullets would raise public interest as well...
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

its pretty easy assuming your using the live cd

install
login with admin and admin

goto settings and add your ip's and monitor numbers

viola a basic viwer system. You will then need to play and or read to get all the alarms and speech working.
James Wilson

robi

Post by robi »

jameswilson wrote:its pretty easy assuming your using the live cd

install
login with admin and admin

goto settings and add your ip's and monitor numbers

viola a basic viwer system. You will then need to play and or read to get all the alarms and speech working.
I did all this, not working. Using MDV 2007.0 installed from LiveCD, and updated to 1.23.1. Any other ideas?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

well first of all you need to match your user names/passwords between zm4ms and zm. Or temp disbale auth on zm
do you just get a red x?

i have noticed on some networks that zm4ms wont work if there is strit domain policys in use or isa servers as it stops .net downloading anything. I have not found a way to replicate this so cant fix it.

id also try url mode to see if that works to test zm4ms, ie in the ip box enter the full path for the cam (right click on a jpg live snapshot and paste the url)
James Wilson

robi

Post by robi »

jameswilson wrote:well first of all you need to match your user names/passwords between zm4ms and zm. Or temp disbale auth on zm
do you just get a red x?

i have noticed on some networks that zm4ms wont work if there is strit domain policys in use or isa servers as it stops .net downloading anything. I have not found a way to replicate this so cant fix it.

id also try url mode to see if that works to test zm4ms, ie in the ip box enter the full path for the cam (right click on a jpg live snapshot and paste the url)
I found a tab in zm4ms settings dealing with passwords, but it's not clear: are they login passwords for zm4ms, or are they login passwords for the ZM? I changed them anyway to match my ZM, but still nothing. Red X, and icon showing no image, like IE uses to display.
I don't have any strict network policies, simple workgroup networking, XP.
What URL needs to be filled in? Where do I get the URL from?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

they need to match exaclty, but to help disable auth on your zm machine.
Also if you could select stills on a live stream, right click on it and post the path statment.
James Wilson

Beofres

ZM4MS & apache HTTP auth

Post by Beofres »

Hi James!

Although your viewer needs a bit of roughing out (and explanation :) ) it's one of the best viewers I've seen for this kind of application. I hope you keep updating it and give us more features!

I have a question: I have to enable HTTP auth on zoneminder's login page to help prevent brute-force attacks, since it's accessable from WAN. However, we use your client on the LAN and I don't see anywhere in the UI or options that would support this. Does your software support HTTP or HTTPS auth? If not, how could I go about getting it as a feature in your software?

Regards,

-Beofres
cordel

Post by cordel »

Actually besides the test case I mentioned in your other post, if all your ZM4MS users are on the LAN, then you could setup Apache to have you LAN IP be allowed without authentication. Just another option ;)