1.23.1 rpm is available?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
mmi

1.23.1 rpm is available?

Post by mmi »

1.23.1 rpm is available?
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Where can I get the RPM? Yum doesn't locate it with Fedora 8. I am using the x86_64 bit Fedora 8, so maybe that is why?
mmi

Post by mmi »

i use mandriva
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

OK thanks, I guess I'll have to wait for the RPM for x86_64 Fedora 8 then.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Since we don't package ZM for those distros, We really can't say when they will be available, It's up to the packagers.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Hi cordel!

Since I already have the 1.22.x x86_64 RPM installed, should I remove that and then just install 1.23 from source? Also if I do the source install, should I remove the current mysql zm database or can I leave it?
cordel

Post by cordel »

If it was me, I'd leave it alone until the next rpm is available in the repo.
If you understand how to create the build eviroment and confortable with and building the source you can remove the package and build from source. The database is upgradable so you don't have to drop it, but make a backup of your database and events just in case the removal of the package takes those away ( they should not as they are using one of my old spec files for the build, but I don't know what they might have changed). You also have to make sure you have all the dependancies for the development enviroment.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Well thanks for the advice. I've done Zoneminder source installs many times before on Redhat and Fedora. I might wait for the RPM though, to save me some possible troubles. Unless I just get bored and want something to do. :) I might regret that! :lol: