[Solved] New DVR streaming mode problem on 1.23.1 (gentoo)

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
Diviner

[Solved] New DVR streaming mode problem on 1.23.1 (gentoo)

Post by Diviner »

Hi there. I am having problems with the new zoneminder dvr streaming mode, i can see the video, the list of events updating in real time, but when i try to use the buttons they do nothing. I am using zm v1.23.1 on gentoo. Also the information below the video stream is not working, it stays always as shown on the image below (delay, rate, fps...). I don't see any errors on apache2 and zoneminder logs and i have downloaded mootools v1.11 with all options selected.
When i use ie7 it shows a javascript error every time i click the buttons like "permission denied" and "status.delayed is not a object". If i disable the dvr streaming style, everything works like a charm.

Cheers,
Divi
Last edited by Diviner on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Do you have the Firebug extension installed in Firefox. If not it might help diagnose the issue.

You don't have anything like NoScript installed do you?
Phil
Diviner

Post by Diviner »

Thanks for replying.

I didin't had the Firebug and the NoScript extensions installed on my firefox. After installing the Firebug extension i get this erros when i press any dvr button (pause, play...):

azir

Post by azir »

Maybe your php run in safe mode, socket extension (socket.so) not loaded, or your php configuration file (php.ini) does not allow socket operation.

find this line within php.ini file

Code: Select all

safe_mode = On
Change to

safe_mode = Off

extension=socket.so
if not there, add the extension=socket.so line to your php.ini
then restart your web server
Diviner

Post by Diviner »

Thanks for the tip Azir, i noticed that i had php compiled without sockets use flag on gentoo. Going to recompile it and ill post here the results. :)
Diviner

Post by Diviner »

After recompiling php5 again but this time with the "sockets" use flag enabled, dvr streaming style is finally working.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Divi
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Excellent. Thanks for posting your fix. I probably should mention that requirement in the somewhere but I had assumed sockets where in by default.
Phil