Edimax IC-7000 night vision problem (i think)

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
NuBI

Edimax IC-7000 night vision problem (i think)

Post by NuBI »

EDIT: maybe this isnt the right section, if not, i apologized.

What's up guys [**]??

I’m testing my surveillance system with this Edimax IC-7000 ip camera.
I connect it in my network and give it a static ip (nothing wrong so far)

The problem is that i think that the night vision is permanently on because the color that appear is wrong (my blue shirt is pink, matter of fact almost everything looks pink), and i can disable it :(
When i close the lights and the curtains it appear a background light that able the camera to film clear in the dark (that's what i think the night vision is on)

Someone can gave a tip about this???

Sorry for my English, any part you didn’t understand, I’ll try to explain better.

Thanks in advance
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

cheaper cameras dont have an ir cut filter for day use this makes the colour look wrong.
I dont know the cam but if its budget then it wont have a motorised filter and this is how they work
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
NuBI

Post by NuBI »

Thanks for the answer [].