Source Type: Executable

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
wasabi

Source Type: Executable

Post by wasabi »

I'd basically like to easily write a script to retrieve a jpeg without having to go through the hassel of exposing it on a local port and parsing HTTP and such.

So, I suggest a executable script. It could support jpeg and mjpeg. Image would be returned on stdout. Very easy. Probably a few minutes work. In fact I'm going to take a look at it right now.
MJN

Post by MJN »

Does ZMU not meet your needs, e.g. zmu -m 1 -i snapshot.jpg ?

Mathew
wasabi

Post by wasabi »

I don't know what that's supposed to do.
wasabi

Post by wasabi »

Oh I think you misinterpreted what I asked for because I asked it poorely.

I want to add a Monitor to zoneminder whose source is an executable. Zoneminder would execute it to retrieve frames.
wasabi

Post by wasabi »

Also, I've actually succeeded in doing this. Going to post a patch as soon as I figure out where I should post it.
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

I'm VERY interested in this! Right now I'm outputting the stream to a fifo which I'm then reading in via a very crude script using the same webserver ZM is running on...

"mencoder -o stream1.fifo -of rawvideo -ac null -oac pcm -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg rtsp://172.19.13.200" FTW!

/LW