ZM on Slackware 12

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
gasmasher

ZM on Slackware 12

Post by gasmasher »

I am attempting to install ZM on Slackware but am having a problem with the web interface. I get the same result with 1.23.2 and 1.23.3. After compiling and installing OK, I started zmpkg.pl with no errors.

When I load zm.php in a browser it looks like some variable substitution did not take place on the output. I see the four buttons on the main page but they have captions of "<zmSlangRefresh>", "<zmSlangAddNewMonitor>", etc.. Checking the source it appears that none of the variable substitution took place in the javascript either. I turned on all warnings and notices in php and don't see any errors that could be causing it.

One thought I had is that there needs to be a directory writable by apache to cache files and that is not set properly. What directory is used for the cache, if any? The other thought is my apache or php versions. I am on apache 2.2.4 and php 5.2.3. What is preferable for ZM? Perl is v5.8.8
cordel

Post by cordel »

gasmasher

Post by gasmasher »

Dang, I didn't mean to be that guy. I must not have used the right terms in the forum search. Thanks for the help.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Use the search on the Top menu bar that utilizes google, works much better ;)