ZMLiveCD 2008

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

can you access asterisk from lan
Login to asterisk-gui on the archsentrix box and you will find a tab in the left side bar labeled "Gui Access". As you mouse over the IP or port fields a hel message appears in the right side bar with the info you need.

Or edit /etc/asterisk/http.conf and set "bindaddr = 0.0.0.0"
martymoose

Post by martymoose »

did both of those
still no access

but asterisk is sneding the error

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.
Asterisk Server
I donated have YOU?
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

but asterisk is sneding the error
Not Found
You need to use the full url
http://IPADDRESS:8088/asterisk/static/c ... basic.html
robi

Post by robi »

martymoose wrote:regarding archsentrix
can you access asterisk from lan
i get to zm via 192.168.1.99/zm
i have tried 192.168.1.99:8088 for asterisk
but no good
any help?
Try this:
http://192.168.1.99:8088/asterisk/stati ... basic.html
v1.25.0 + Ubuntu Linux 12.04 Server
martymoose

Post by martymoose »

cheers it worked
look like a very good product
carn;t wait for next release
I donated have YOU?
robi

Post by robi »

rdmelin wrote:For some time now the latest "official" ZMliveCD" version 1.22.3 has been maintained by means of update ZoneMinder RPMs. Installing from this CD and then upgrading has become more of a hassle as some of the preconfigured package sources are no longer working, ZoneMinder packages have new requirements, etc.

I have put up an updated ZMliveCD_1.23.3. You can get it here:
http://www.isentrix.com/pub/zoneminder/ ... 1.23.3.iso
http://www.isentrix.com/pub/zoneminder/ ... .3.iso.md5

This is just the old Mandriva 2007 based CD with an up to date ZoneMinder and a few other very minor tweaks. If the old one worked for you this one will probably as well. I am still working on an all new Archlinux based CD that hopefully will support the latest hardware. (But currently because of the kernel 2.6.25 bttv bug it doesn't support much of anything Sad )

Anyway feel free to grab a copy of the updated CD. Mirror it if you have bandwidth, put up a torrent, or make a donation if would like to contribute.

And thanks to Phil for ZoneMinder, and to jameswilson whose donation provided the hosting for this CD
Is there a reason not making it based on the latest, MDV 2008.1? The One version is a LiveCD itself, they must have made it somehow as a LiveCD...
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

beacuse its purly a zm update as the live cd is moving to a different distro in time, and ross doesnt have the time to make a whole new live cd on 2008.

James
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
robi

Post by robi »

My question was a general one, not specifically addressed to Ross. I wonder why do we have to move to another distro... I downloaded MDV 2008.1, looks nice. It has lots of nice packages to choose from, for example asterisk 1.4 and its gui is very easy to install and works fine. I wasn't able to get ZM running on it though, but I must say I'm not a linux guru.

The entire Mandriva One 2008.1 is a LiveCD itself. Why can't we do a basic ZM version of it, just like Ross did with the 2007.0? And everyone could then customize it the way they want, via CLI or GUI by adding any of the latest packages available. I mean they compiled that original LiveCD somehow, I guess creating a ZM version out of it would be similar.

Is there a reason for not going this way? Must we change the distro? Why isn't MDV 2008.1 good enough for the ZM Live CD Project?

If I had the knowledge, I sure would do it. Or knew the answer to the above :oops:
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

robi, your question is a perfectly valid one. My comments here should not be seen as discouraging you or anyone from building a new version on Mandriva. Mandriva served me well as my primary distro of choice for at least 6 years, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for new or experienced linux users. And if you or anyone else want to work on a zm livecd based on a newer Mandriva version I will be glad to help with packaging zoneminder and any other missing dependancies.

When I began the ZMliveCD thing the mklivecd scripts were a Mandrake specific kit to produce livecds from and existing installation. Since then the mklivecd project was been adopted by the pclos developers for their needs. It no longer works with Mandriva. For the last ZMliveCD release I spent many hours hacking on the mklivecd scripts to make them work with Mandriva again. But every new Mandriva release breaks them again and i don't have time to maitain them. Mandriva's draklive scripts (at least last time I looked into it ) dont lend themselves to a customised CD. They just create a system as it would be after a fresh installation. This works well for their purposes and it may work well for an experienced ZM user but many who use ZMliveCD need things preconfigured to an extent or they are lost before they begin.

Another reason I am disinclined to produce another Mandriva based CD is that in a couple of months Mandriva 2009 will be out. And packages for 2008.1 will need to be recompiled for it. And six months later 2009.1 will be here. Because of this treadmill I have moved away from Mandriva for my own use. I am using Archlinux which has a rolling release model. It is working well for me. I can easily keep my systems up to date with the latest versions of applications and never have to reinstall the OS. Upgrades from one distro release to another have never worked for me, probably partly because I am always installing backports and custom packages needed to build some new or development software release (like zoneminder).

But by all means robi, or anyone else, roll up your sleeves and give it a go. You'll learn alot. You'll have something to contribute back to the community. And if you run into snags just ask questions, here or on distro specific forums. I'll do what I can to help.
itsthemedication

Then Why Not PCLinuxOS?

Post by itsthemedication »

So why not use PCLinuxOS. It's stable, doesn't change too fast, and is very comfortable for Mandriva users.

Oh, by the way I just upgraded an old system that was using 2006 (a manual install) to your 2007 liveCD with the latest ZM, and I have to say it was an absolute snap and the system (10 cameras) is working better than I ever had it working.

Thanks!
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

So why not use PCLinuxOS. It's stable, doesn't change too fast, and is very comfortable for Mandriva users.
I think that PClinuxOS is a good platform. This thread highlights just this idea. In fact I have a pclos based livecd that I will get busy and finish up. However PClinuxOS is still at kernel 2.6.22 and I'm not sure how smoothly the developers will be able to get through the changes needed to move to a current kernel. This is not a serious concern for the present, but I'm hoping to avoid a break that will require maintaining packages for separate distro versions.

Anyway look for a PClinuxOS based release in the next couple of weeks.
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Ross on this zmlivecd version do we have mmx jpeg?
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

do we have mmx jpeg?
Yes indeed. :)
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

great!
James Wilson