Single shifting up of a display - 4 others work well

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
john_l_b

Single shifting up of a display - 4 others work well

Post by john_l_b »

I set up a system with openSUSE 10.3 and used the repository to install:
ZoneMinder-1.23.3-6.1.i586.rpm.

Using one Kodicom 4400.

To get it to work, I used the /etc/modprobe.d/tv from the system that has been running reasonably well for 6 months (it had zm v1.22). It looked identical to what Yast created when configuring the TV card, but it got things working when the Yast output didn't - or maybe I did something different.

Two problems, one mentioned elsewhere that xawtv has to be run to get zm to read the card output at /dev/video0.

The other one is that one input out of 5 cameras will slide up about 1/4 of the display and show the bottom display of another camera. This comes and goes every 5 to 10 seconds.

Swapping input cables around will not move the problem - it stays with the specified input. It is also on another input, and one input always has a black screen.

The setup it:
/dev/video0 - 0
/dev/video0 - 1
/dev/video0 - 2
/dev/video0 - 3 <-- the problem input

/dev/video0 - 9
/dev/video0 - 10
/dev/video0 - 11 <-- another similar problem
/dev/video0 - 12 <-- the one with no input

The reason for the gap in numbers is the positioning of the cable on the header. Other positions were tried, and made no difference in results.
Notice that the number is also offset by 1 - but the cable is plugged into the header so it should be 8,9,10,11 so there may be some kind of hardware problem on the card.

The prior system, with the same Kodicom card, did not have this problem, even with the same connections used.

The modprobed/tv line for the kodicom is
options bttv card=133,132,133,133 tuner=4,4,4,4

No other video input cards are installed.

Any suggestions on what may be the problem?

Thanks, John
alecano23

same problem

Post by alecano23 »

I have exactly the same problem,,, anyone could solve this problem?????