Can you recommend a capture card? 4+ cams @ 15+ fps 640x480

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Beofres

Can you recommend a capture card? 4+ cams @ 15+ fps 640x480

Post by Beofres »

Hi!

After my experiences with bluecherry's PV-149 I'm looking for a smaller capture card with higher resolution and more FPS per input without having to deal with the combing. Looking at ebay and places of the like for cheapie cards, I decided to ask here for a recommendation. I'm looking for a capture card that will run at 30fps per input at 640x480 and have at least 4 inputs per card. I realise that when dealing with true NTSC signal that it is interlaced, however I used a hauppage BT878 tuner card once (the composite input) and the chipset had deinterlaced the image on it's own for zoneminder, letting me use a crisp 720x480 resolution beautifully. Has anyone else have a similar experience with a four port or eight port card?

TIA,

-Beofres
cordel

Post by cordel »

I haven't. Do you recall what model?
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

The PV183 has 8 chips. So does the Kodacoms, if you can fine them. I even use some Chinese cards we get specially modified in production for the cooling issues of the clones.
Beofres

Post by Beofres »

cordel wrote:I haven't. Do you recall what model?
The Hauppage BT878 or 848. They have an NTSC coax tuner/ FM coax input, s-video in as well as composite input.
cordel

Post by cordel »

If you could find a actual model as bt8xx is just a device on the board and not the actual model.
You can see all the models that Hauppage has made here:
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support.html
Hauppauge product codes on WinTV boards are normally found on the TV tuner. This is a five digit number normally followed by a revision (REV). You need to look at the first two numbers to determine the product type.