Help with "libmysqlclient.a"

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
NeaVasile

Help with "libmysqlclient.a"

Post by NeaVasile »

Hello folks,

I'm trying to install ZM 1.23 on a Clarkconnect box. I've installed all the packages required (including mysql-devel) but when I'm trying to configure it says configure: error: zm requires libmysqlclient.a. The required file is installed in /usr/lib/mysql and the full command line is

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local --with-webdir=/var/www/html --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin ZM_SSL_LIB='openssl'

Any idea?

Thanks!
bjoyce

Re: Help with "libmysqlclient.a"

Post by bjoyce »

NeaVasile wrote:Hello folks,

I'm trying to install ZM 1.23 on a Clarkconnect box. I've installed all the packages required (including mysql-devel) but when I'm trying to configure it says configure: error: zm requires libmysqlclient.a. The required file is installed in /usr/lib/mysql and the full command line is

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local --with-webdir=/var/www/html --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin ZM_SSL_LIB='openssl'

Any idea?

Thanks!
I got this error whilst installing 64 bit centos and over came it with this doco found in centos install howto. You just add the follwoing text to the end of your command above.
--with-extralibs="-L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/lib64/mysql"

HTH Brad