Hauppauge Impact VCB - varying brightness

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
a_px

Hauppauge Impact VCB - varying brightness

Post by a_px »

Hi,

I am running ZM 1.22.3 on Ubuntu Hardy. For a couple of weeks I've been using a single camera into a Hauppauge BT878 based single input TV card. This works fine and yesterday I added another BT878 based card in order to get another camera working - Hauppauge Impact VCB 4 input card.

Any device connected to this card seems to produce unstable brightness that cycles constantly from bright white to normal. If I stop zoneminder & open xawtv connecting to this card, the brightness is stable & the image is fine. I've tried various colour palettes & device formats, no change.

Suggestions appreciated
Alan
a_px

Post by a_px »

For interest I seem to have "solved" this. It seems that if ZM is configured for more than one port of this card, the output is unstable. Deleting all but one monitor then restarting ZM seems to have solved it for one port. I guess you get what you pay for!