1.24.0 Updates

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
zoneminder
Site Admin

1.24.0 Updates

Post by zoneminder »

I have added a SVN roll-up patch to the Patches section of the Wiki as well as the RTSP Authentication patch for ffmpeg inf anyone needs that before it is included in their distribution.

The roll-up patch is basically just diffs between the 1.24.0 release and the current SVN available from http://svn.zoneminder.com for people who can't, or prefer not to, use svn. If you are reporting issues it would be useful if you could try the fixes included in svn or the patch to see if it is something already fixed. This patch will be periodically updated when significant fixes are generated ahead of a 1.24.1 release shortly.
Last edited by zoneminder on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Note that some of the config has changed in recent updates so after installation please ensure that you run zmupdate.pl -f to update your config to match.
Phil
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Just to be sure I understand correctly, running zmupdate.pl -f after an svn update is all that is needed to bring the database structure up to date?
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

That seems to be the case, had me alittle confused at first as to way Zoneminder wasn't starting. Went back and rolled in that command in my update and now it's working great.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Yes. It won't do any harm if you run it as often as you like but it is necessary when new config is added or removed just to make sure that it is updated in the DB. It won't affect any of your existing settings just add missing ones and deleted defunct ones.

There was no need for the 1.24 updates until the last one or two so most of the time you don't need to bother but if you see a config items mismatch in your logs then that is a clue to run it.
Phil
ladislav2

Post by ladislav2 »

Where can I find the patch to ffmpeg? Thanks
Normando

Post by Normando »

ladislav2 wrote:Where can I find the patch to ffmpeg? Thanks
Search for "patches" in the wiki.